12: The Rivalry*

Brody was out and about in the facility prepping for his DUO match coming up next week. LED banners fitted on top of the store entrance filled with useful information relating to the store. Such as hot items for sale or special discounts, but this day was a special one for Brody.

On special occasions, news for the FORTNITE facility games broadcast with these grand electronic banners. These new broadcasts were only specific in regards of participants currently living in the facility. The facility Brody and Aaron were housed in were specifically designed for Solo and DUO arena modes. However, if they succeed the modes, they will be transported to a different facility that prioritizes other arena modes. By transportation different facilities, the participants name is recognized into the system and society there. That's why the Heroes had made a name for themselves from the get go. They were in the highest tier of facilities and yet underwent unconventional circumstances. However, they had dodged those circumstances and were called Heroes after they had found a way to freedom from the so called, Hell.

The news had a robotic announcer present behind the green screen as Aaron's name made the headlines for "Luckiest Win." Others should have taken the cake, like: Victory by accidental suicide or coolest victory kill. It was saddening to Alex for seeing other people dying for show and entertainment. And the FORTNITE officials don't seem to discrete their intentions when it had came to that. But Alex known that she was their puppet, she was under their control since she signed the contract. It was the only way out for her.

Brody was enraged by this news. Aaron was suppose to die in that scenario, Brody had thought.

"Fine. If FORTNITE can't kill him, then I will. Sometime, Aaron, we will meet and I won't go easy on you."

Brody looked down upon his upper chest and felt his heart beat. He was given a second chance by FORTNITE themselves. Brody had looked farther than existence. He believed that the gods had given him this second chance for redemption. Brody couldn't believe what the doctor was telling him. Shrapnel damaging the wrist pad, unknown readings from the officials. The wrist pad and the official decision had all came down to destiny. There was no way this could've happened to anyone. Even the doctor had said it himself.

"This was a one in a million chance for this to happen."

Brody had taken this opportunity and instead of making friends, he trained... long and hard every chance he had. Not just his building ability, but his physical strength and stamina and marksmanship. He spends his V-Bucks to access the shooting range and partake in lessons by volunteers who've been there and done that. If Brody had kept this up, he'd known for sure that he would beat Aaron the chance he had. He had found the real reason why he was here in the certain circumstance he was in. Why Grim didn't call out to him like he earlier stated in young Brody's dream. Andromeda has spilled the beans to Brody about his past he hasn't known about.

Later that morning,

"Quite yanking on my damn shirt!" Aaron had griped towards Alex as she did so with his new orange tee.

"I want to go over there!" She jolts as she points towards an outlet shop.

Aaron had looked down at Alex and frowned. "You act like a little kid."

Alex took no offense to that as if she had ignored that statement towards her and continues to pull Aaron's shirt towards the shop. Giles lagged behind and scratched his head smiling.

"It's nice to see those two getting along."

Giles had felt negative energy around him. He didn't know what he had felt but felt out of place. He looked towards his left and found a blonde young man crossing his arms in distaste. Giles hummed. Out of everyone living under this roof, he had rarely seen people act like this.