15: Back Into It*

Alex and Giles depart from the Battle Bus and into the ferocious arena; now in the western district. Notorious for large, grand valleys, ridges, and mountains, air pressure and supplies are much more stricken from participants. With very little landmarks means less navigational aid and loot spots. The two were truly on their own, forced to depend on one another. Best comes to worst, she can lean on Giles if they were ever in a fight, but she just wouldn't come to bear the guilt if he had died. Alex isn't just some stupid blonde that can't defend herself, she was quite the package when teaming with her.

On top of the blistering cold weather for the end season of February, weather climate seemed to been amplified for more of a challenge. Alex had proposed the idea of self manifestation and nourishment rather than playing on the aggressive end of the field. Giles had liked the idea and always like laying back and let "nature" do its course. That's what they've been doing and always had. The mountainous climate had worked in their favor since their mentality and tactic supported it, but it all hadn't came in Alex nor Giles favor when the final arena came in their path.

The Middle East.

Easily one of the hardest arenas to face. Not only are there confusing labyrinths into sandstone towns, but occasional sandstorms and harsh winds blinded them to a hands distance. Practically impossible to travel, they had to play the storm with very little supplies considering at where they had land. No variety had came to loot filled landmarks like The Central or Eastern District maps as they were plentiful in those A.O(Area Objective)

After a Victory Royale by "natural causes" in the Western District, Alex hadn't paid much mind to Aaron the past week. She wasn't sure if that's what Giles had alluded to. She just had to make sure before she had sailed her boat on a one way ticket to "Hell". She hadn't asked Giles and he didn't do anything in regards to getting the two closer. Maybe he was talking about when they were going to partner up in a Squad after the talk about forming one. Who knew? If Alex had won this arena, she'd finally learns the truth about Giles words.

"What the hell is the sandstorm?" Giles shrieked as the blistering, skin stabbing sand began to pepper their face.

"Good thing we came prepared." Alex squeaked as she covered her face with her white shemagh sitting under her blackened out goggles to battle against the desert sunlight. Giles follows her lead and did the same as well. Both suited with long sleeve shirts, tactical gloves, cargo pants, and boots, this sandstorm wouldn't affect any harm on them. It was just a nuisance for them.

As the storm intensified even more as it began to further slow Giles and Alex down tremendously with any relentless. Alex had spotted a faint structure just up ahead to what appears to be a sandstone structure.

She pointed towards the promising house "There!"

Giles led her towards the front door that was suspiciously open. That had both alerted the two into aiming their well tuned rifles.

"On me." Giles whispered as Alex hid behind his stocky figure.

Giles took a step afoot into the silent building and paused for a brief second. He heard nothing but the sandstorm flaming off the stone outside. As he took a reassuring breath, he took his other foot and planted it fully inside the house. A threatening beep activated on Giles's confident second foot in. As a quick reflex, he had turned his back towards the security trap.

It had not saved him.

Even through a sturdy amount of shield, the sharpened blades pierced through the blue gleaming shield and through his clothes inches deep.

"GAAAH!"  Giles yelped in pain.

"Giles!"

Alex hadn't seen the trap placed on the wall behind the door to her left shoulder. She had only seen Giles standing there with no struggle on the blades as if he had given up.