29: Glueing the Pieces

Erin and taken Aaron and a walked through the forest clean of those Husks she had gotten familiar with, the hard way.

"Holy shit, Erin. That's so terrible." Aaron croaked beside her.

"You're the only one that I've shared that with."

"What?" Aaron was devastated.

He mused himself into thinking that this chick has either turned into a psycho because of her torturous past. Or she had shut herself way from society, very similar to Alex. But Aaron knew that this case was worst than Alex's by a long shot. He was dealing with an antisocial girl, whose parents committed suicide and fiancée dying in a car crash with her surviving along the mix. Alex's deal was just the fact of her facing to deal to kill innocent people. Losing Giles was a factor too, but his words had struck Alex into positivity. Rather than falling in the same ditch she ended up in the first place, she had climbed and faced the skies even after Giles death. Unfortunately, Erin was on a different level.

She had bitterly told Aaron that she had tried to commit suicide on several occasions. But she said the voice it her head was... protecting her?

"I would go in the forest and hang myself sometimes. But Alice, this voice has considered something else with just a few words. Don't, live, laugh, smile."

Aaron had never witnessed or experienced something like this before. He couldn't give advice to Erin like Giles would do. Aaron was willing to visit Erin if she was in trouble. She teared at the sentence.

"No one has ever cared for me like that since I've signed the contract." She sobbed.

"It's one thing that your parents and fiancée died in a 20 minute span. You are a strong girl to be standing in front of me throughout all the hell, all the torture FORTNITE has made you endure. That voice in your head is telling you to not let go, as I would say the same. And I'm not just saying this just so I can come back to not see you hanging in the forest. I don't like scraping people off below me. I've stuck to that belief the first time I won against Brody supposingly. Now he walks the facility as if I didn't dumb a magazine in his chest."

"Brody?"

Aaron had given Erin the details. "Kinda tall, blonde,"

She nodded. "I saw him in the clinic when Andromeda diagnosed me."

"It makes me ponder why the fuck he's still alive!"

Erin had put her slightly tanned hand on Aaron's shoulder.

"Sorry. I'm still mad he's giving me the same glare I gave him before."

"Alice says, opportunity."

"So... she hears us?"

Erin nodded.

"You got something weird in ya. I'm sorry, but it's the truth."

She held her gold necklace with both hands and pressed her chest. She hummed.

"Huh?" Aaron hummed.

"She was in my necklace, but since I've gotten the Founder Pencil, she's been living in there."

Aaron couldn't tell if she was for real, or crazy. He decided to listen anyways as he thought this info might be correlated with all Founder Pencils, or something like that.

Aaron tugged down on his leather jacket and stood up straight. "I have to go back before Alex gets concerned. That's if she isn't mad anymore."

"Aww. I wanted to talk for a little longer." She said in dissatisfaction