16: The Toast to Their Beginning*

After the victorious in the Middle East District, Aaron had introduced Louis to Bob. Bob piqued Louis's interest with all all sorts of pistons and exhaust pipes decorated along Bob's torso.

"I think we will get along just fine." Louis squeaked with a big smile on his face.

The last time Aaron saw Bob's face was when he almost had gotten torn apart by Husks, and the deal as well. The deal was to survive past Squad Eliminations. Aaron didn't know if it was a challenge or not considering getting Bob's info will solve a lot of his questions about the history of FORTNITE. He had the fallen bus in the Central 2.0 map to answer as well while Aaron was in the dark about it for quite sometime. Still, if it was, Aaron had Giles, Alex, and Louis by his side to help him get there. He couldn't tell them since the deal will be voided, but it was a secret task personal to him.

Bob didn't mention the deal once to Aaron in front of Louis and it had Aaron wondering how he could since everyone was around him. Would he bring it up with all 3 of his teammates in the same bus? Is that why he said for him to survive in squads? Then it wouldn't be a secret anymore. Hmm.

The ride back was nothing more than Bob talking about its CPU processing units and techy stuff to Louis that Aaron seemed to scoff off, but it sure as hell interested Louis by a long stretch. All Aaron could think about was Crafty again, it pained him to remember at such a random moment. He thought he was over it, but it seems his problems came to bite him in the ass. He wondered himself why he thought of Crafty at such a random moment as well. He had to admit, every time he was around Louis, Giles, and Alex, he'd always remembered Crafty. He did keep the secret to himself, was that what it was?

The two had arrived back in the facility. Aaron had noticed something off about the area around him.

"Don't you notice something... different?" Louis asked as Aaron nodded along beside him.

They both stood still and became aware of their senses.

"There isn't as many people here before." Aaron replied as he processed new participant faces he they scoured past him.

Louis looks over towards Aaron. "It seems like most of them either died, transferred to the Squadron Facility..."

"Or both." Aaron added.

"Right, but they're new faces here." Louis noted observantly.

"This is a Solo and Duo Facility after all. I'll be surprised if there's nothing new at the Squadron Facility considering that this one is pretty boring. But then again..."

Louis noticed Aaron's change in mood from confused to gloomy. "What's the matter?"

"Does that mean my favorite ramen shop will be no more? Saber too?"

"I'm pretty sure they'll come with us, I hope."

Aaron had kept that aside for now and was going to deal with it later.

"I guess these are new participants that signed the contract. I guess this happens every week and it had been happening under our noses." Louis predicted. "People like us either die or get transferred to the Squadron Facility every week. At the same new ones come in."

"Damn, Louis. You're hella smart, y'know that?"

Louis grinned and rubbed his neck. "Thanks, dude." he said as his glasses glistened in the ominous lighting.

Aaron kept Louis's theory in mind and decided to end the chat and head for the dorms to greet Alex and Giles. Also, Aaron was thinking about holding a celebration for their progress at the ramen shop as well. Considering that there was nothing to blast a party, Aaron had held high hopes for new facility having new hangout spots as such. It would be a nice reward from FORTNITE if they did so.