49: The Heroes Worst Decision Ever

The gang had found themselves back where they started from before the contract with the Heroes, their front door.

As the gang examined everyone to make sure they appeared okay, Aaron slipped his hand in his zipper pocket and found his pencil missing and the golden token replacing it.

"It was legit..." Aaron croaked.

"You think she was lying?" Erin said.

Aaron shook his head. "If she didn't lie about that, she probably didn't lie about the Husks too."

As the gang presumed forward into the cabin where the Heroes had "a finger up their ass" (says Aaron), Alex lagged behind and felt, awkward.

"Gabriel?" She spoke in a whisper.

There was no reply from her Awakener.

"GABRIEL?!?"

No response.

Alex broke out in a panic. "Oh no..."

As Aaron heard frustration behind him, he turned his body and found Alex in the faint distance from the cabin.

"Alex!"

She darted her head up in a flash with widened eyes. "Coming!"

Her heart began to race. She didn't know what would happen if she didn't have support on her predicament she has been covering up since Gile's death. She had discovered this when she had met up with Andromeda back during the first Faction 50:50 as she was undergoing a physical check. When she had first learned of her abnormal lung development, she denied the fact and avoided treatment. She didn't want this treatment slowing down what she must've done in order to keep her friends alive during the season.
Andromeda then informed Alex that the body completes development around 23 years of age, but her stunted lungs and organ development was risky enough to even participate in the matches. Especially with the heart working more than its capacity rate for its size was especially dangerous for a heart attack, but no problems have occurred to that extent. After Aaron's birthday party was when she started to notice something wrong when she drank alcohol that she couldn't remember drinking. She experienced paining in her liver and kidneys, but that was to be expected.

Alex had informed Andromeda that she was born 3 months earlier than normal. Nobody had known this and it wasn't anything relevant to share that fact to. But for Alex, it was the correct time and subject to do so and Andromeda fully understands her situation. Back when Aaron had unleashed his true power from his Founder Pencil, Crafty has told him that females rarely awaken and hold their Awakeners, Erin and Alex was an exception. It is already known that Erin has went through extreme hardships that made her mentally tough, but what has Alex done to hold hers? At the time she had noticed her disabilities coming into play, she began to grow desperate. She began to ask God for help; a way to overcome her imperfection. As a reply, she had gotten Gabriel, an archangel from the Heavens from the form of a Kerut chameleon spirit. Ever since, he's been living inside Alex's pencil, helping her and nullifying her condition. But now since he was gone, Alex didn't know how worse her condition is now since months had gone by.

Back at Aaron's birthday,

Aaron had opened the mechanical pencil with the Founder Metal that holds the power of creativity.

Alex was mad that Aaron picked a dumb doll over her and Louis's present. "My present will save your ass someday... if it works!"
She remembered when she had said that and loved Aaron for his unpredictable nonsense, but that was beside the point of her condition. Her largest concern was how she'll be when these problems have been pushed back for months, even almost a year would affect her. The only thing she could do is play it by ear or get help from Andromeda and that's if she knows where to find her.