19: 50:50 Around the Corner. And AFRICA!*

Louis had salvaged was what was going to be a horrible day for Alex yesterday. But today, everyone was happy and Alex had learned what she must do to get Aaron's attention. Not today, but the days after what a show off she'll be in this game.

Alex wore ripped jeans up to the thigh with black combat boots, a jean jacket over a white tank top that ended just above her belly button. She tugged down her olive green cap on her head and tugged on her black engineer gloves with the ends on her knuckles. Aaron's eyes widened to find the change of outfits so suddenly. Without putting any mind to it, he approved with a thumbs up and a toothy blinding grin with his white teeth.

Alex high-fives Louis. "Thank you."

Louis tugged in his collar above his armor best as if a tie was there. "Not am I knowledgeable in combat, but in fashion too."

Alex had gotten a laugh out of that. "Don't get too ahead of yourself now."

Alex and the rest had tightened holsters, pouches, and other tactical accessories to their legs, arms, and vests for the game.

"Emma, you said you were a sniper, right?" Aaron pointed.

She nodded.

Aaron had high expectations for her. "I'd better see some crack shots out there." He winked.

She nodded and smiled.

"Alex." Aaron called over.

"Hmm?"

"Are you going to be our commander or something? I don't know what your specialty is." He confessed as he scratched his head.

Alex took the role with honor. "Yes, your commander. While you'll be my knight."

"What? Are we aluding chess pieces as our roles or something?"

Louis butted in the convo with excitement. "That's a great idea! Alex is the queen, I'm the bishop, Emma's the rook, and Aaron's the Knight!"

Alex and Aaron seemed puzzled. "Who's the king... and the pawn?!?"

"I... Uh?"

Aaron crossed his arms. "Proves my point."

Emma stepped into the conversation, defusing it. "Look, there's simply not enough pieces."

"It's not like there'll ever be." Aaron corrected.

Louis interjected. "Not exactly. You see, the 50:50 faction game is coming around the corner. So you can have more the four people in a squad or so."

Aaron leaned in towards Louis. "Louis, you act like I'm going to be leading other people like they're my "pawns" or something." He said with two air quotes.

"Who knows." Alex intervened. "Maybe you'll pull some amazing stunt that'll grab the attention of a few people."

"I know, but... the fact of commanding 50 people to life or death."

Aaron seemed overwhelmed at the concept.

"Well, dearie, just to let you know. If your teammates die, you'll die along with them. There's no restarting when your down 30 men." Emma noted.

Louis added to her statement. "Or retreating. This isn't a tactical board game, it's real life."

Aaron felt uneasy, but Alex comforted him. "Don't worry. This is 3 months from now. Thanks to Louis's information."

Their conversation about the future ended short when the sirens wailed. Loud enough to ring Aaron's sensitive ears.

"Ow! Okay, we get the damn memo!" He screamed as he hopped in the Battle Bus.