5: Bonds*

Alex. A requisite name for a man, but also fitting for a girl.

"That's the first time you ever spoke since you've gotten here." Giles complimented as Alex shifted her gaze towards Giles unconsciously.

She still continues to chip her nail polish off and held a short, but content filled conversation.

"Yeah. It seemed like you actually pay attention to me. So I'd return the favor and lend you mine." Alex quietly spoke.

Aaron and Giles looked at each other uneasily. It sounded like she was plotting something. She had an conspicuous face on her, but easily hid it. Aaron and Giles didn't decipher her intent through her looks. That had worried Aaron and Giles. She could pull some stunt or manipulation technique without the two even noticing. Maybe Aaron was overthinking it, but he wanted to take extreme caution in these scenarios to not burn himself on the ass.

"Aaron." She called as his head snapped towards her. He remained his cocky look, but trembled in the inside.

"Seems like you're out of character when you're around me. Is it nervousness or apprehension?"

Aaron gulped. He was too stupid to know what apprehension had meant. He took a stab at it since he knew he wasn't a nervous type of person. He was an all lit type guy, a risk taker, more importantly, concern for self handsomeness. Aaron ran his hand through his hair and stood up straight and closed his eyes in self dignity.

"Apprehensive." He confidently replied.

Alex laughed under her breath and cracked a smile. "So you're the lying type."

Aaron choked on his own air from her reply and seemed confused. Alex looked over to Aaron with her deep blue eyes under her free flowing brown shiny hair swept over her tiny brow and ear. Keeping her head low, Aaron had almost mistaken it as flirting, but rejected the cocky idea. She resumed back at looking at her nails and chipped them.

"It means shyness, idiot."

Aaron jumped up from his bedside and stomped his foot. "I'm neither of those nor an idiot!"

Alex seemed unaffected by his raise of tone. She seemed quite pleased as if making other people angry was enjoying to her. The same with Aaron when around other people in the public. The way Alex had noticed his personality differences in public and his bedroom seemed quite creepy.

"I learn from personal experience rather than lectures about others." She shared as if she was talking to herself. "That only means one thing."

Aaron narrowed his view on Alex. "You've been watching me?"

Alex paused and acknowledged his listening skill by
reading between the lines. "Precisely." She nodded.

She had changed the subject at hand for a brief moment. It was quite expected for the two men, but it had gotten straight to the point.

"Out of 8 men in this room, only two of you survived after a month. They've said to me that I'll die in the first game considering I'm a woman. Look where they are now."

"You've proven them wrong." Giles noted as he trembled slightly talking to Alex for the first time.

"I wish they were still here to find that out. In the end, those who didn't see me as my gender, but a tool of surviving and friendship are still alive in this room." She hinted at.

Aaron and Giles both smiled under Alex's radar and both fist bumped each other in achievement. Usually, Aaron doesn't like demoralizing women and being called a sexist. He likes to play with and torment those of the same level, not the ones below him. He thought it was a sign of weakness and cowardice and has his own morales to stick to if he wanted to be a decent human being.