44: Looking Inward

"All you have to do is look inward." Aaron had said towards Zach.

That's what Louis needed to do all this time.

When Louis was stuck on the impulse grenade before their finale, Louis was frustrated with himself. He would stress over the fact he couldn't make a good enough catalyst to create enough driving force without damaging any internal organs in the mix. He had ultimately made different as he hammered them to death, scrapping the two versions. He wanted one grenade that did the trick, suitable for both jobs.

As he threw his head down in his hands, he had given up. For Louis who was a driven person and trusted his numbers, this was exceptionally rare behavior from him. As he sighed, he felt touched by something unexplainable. He suddenly felt a rush of knowledge coming to him in the heat of the scene. He didn't let this knowledge go to waste and speedily worked with his fingers for the past hour. My sunrise, he was done. A 5 inch diameter steel ball with pockets of oxygenated tubes for the activation of a certain reactant of the Founder Metal that was gifted from Simone, the Tacky Tech storekeeper.

As Aaron's idiotic demonstration proved the device useful when he activated it in a room full of people, which had made Louis proud of himself and thanked whatever gave him the rush of knowledge. He didn't know if it would return back, but he sure did welcome its presence if it did. Louis had trembled at the fact of going to a different planet away from help wasn't his forte.He wasn't the hero, just some guy who liked books and learning.

As he was met with the huge white rocket, he wasn't sure of himself. He wanted to say something, but he felt as if his vocal cords were disabled from speaking. Then, after a while of struggling, he felt the same touch he did a week back. Louis had stopped his struggling and let the touch invigorate him. As he shut his eyes and paced his breathing, he felt a whisper with so much depth and meaning incorporated into a single phrase. As he allowed this presence to accompany him on the rocket ride, it was like Louis wasn't communicating it with words, but numbers and shapes.

As the gang boarded the rocket, it was an extremely confined space for 60 people. However, the Heroes have built this rocket with organization in mind. With several large sections like the cockpit, boarding door, and housing, it wasn't a hassle to fit that amount of people. As 1 dorm like room can fit at least 3 people with a desk, window, mini fridge, and bunk beds. It was enough room for the 5 to fit if one had to share. That was depended on Aaron.

Brody decided to flee in another room all by himself and Zachary to his old squad. But with him, he kept the "looking inward" tip from Aaron.

As the gang threw their duffle bags and black astronaut suits alongside with it, they crashed on the bed. While Louis comforted himself by the desk and lamp in the corner of the room next to the window, he contemplated the Llama Lounge as he was just minutes from taking off.

"Ready for life to change?" Emma asked as Louis gazed out the window adjusting his frames.

A sudden touch from his insides gave him more confidence do to the mission abroad. "Yes I am." He nodded.

Emma rubbed his back and then several pats for comfort and reunited with her bed on the ground.

Aaron hurled himself on the top and grinned. "I feel superior up here."

"Just because you can look down on us doesn't mean you're powerful!" Alex shouted as she kicked the roof of her bed, just slightly hitting Aaron above his belly.

"OW! You dick!"

As takeoff was approaching, the gang held onto whatever supported them. The speaker in the center of their room on the ceiling fuzzed.