14: The Beginning of a Team*

Believe it or not, Aaron's new DUO partner was something like, Tyler.

Aaron had remembered the poor sucker back at where he was almost eaten alive by Husks. To think that his war funds were transferred into Aaron's account... and to have taken advantage of that to please Alex. He had felt the real reason why they were transferred. Louis had told him something else instead that made more sense.

"To better yourself."

His high pitched voice reminded Aaron of Tyler a lot, but with a touch of masculinity. Louis was as intelligent as Tyler, but way more combat effective. He can fight substantially well, but only preferred a certain set of weapons: shotguns, smoke grenades, and sub machine guns. It was sort of odd towards Aaron, to get an upgrade. That aside, Louis has shown himself quite useful to Aaron by winning the last DUO game with 8 solid eliminations. Leaving Aaron with 3, a real shame; Aaron was all for the kills.
This was second nature to them now, killing people was their job now and they don't think twice about it. It's kinda scary.

While the four gathered around Aaron's brand new 60 inch TV for the late nite premiere. The two was sitting in front of the TV screen beside Alex and Giles of the Top 50 Arena plays as an hour TV premiere. This premiere was a kick start to the brand new broadcasting that was anew to the facility and others alike across the globe. An international channel of sorts.

"How you think the show's gonna go?" Aaron asked Alex while she cuddled in the corner of her room with a pillow in between her legs.

After awhile, there was no reply as Alex was too busy comforting herself in the corner of the poorly lit room. Aaron turned his head from his bed and was fixed on her corner. Aaron smirked and couldn't help to remind the way she had done that a few months ago. Aaron took note of what she was wearing and found her wearing the clothes she bought from Aaron's bank account. Black leggings with athletic cuts with a snug fit and a PINK branded white tank top with a "sausage" dog , as Aaron called it, as its logo on her right upper chest.

"Damn, how did I score talking to this babe? All the other ones I've talked to looked at me if I had something on my face."

After Alex had seen Aaron gaze at her with a weird smile, she became uncomfortable and shifted her gaze back and forth. Hoping for Aaron to turn around, he didn't. This made Alex explode.

"What do you WANT?!?"

Louis and Giles jumped in shock and Aaron slowly rotated his body in shame back towards the TV.

"Seems like she has a problem..." Aaron murmured as Giles looks at him sideways.

Aaron meets Giles eyes and points back towards Alex with his thumb. "What's wrong with her?"

The two men didn't utter a single word. Maybe it was a girl thing guys can't understand, so Aaron's only way of answering his own question was to go along with it.

The late nite premiere started and the show host, which was a robot fancied with a suit and tie, gave us highlights of the past arena matches. They also gave them unique eliminations, Victory Royales, and gunfights. While watching the show in serious attention, the creative kill went to Louis and Aaron. As soon as the host announced them, they glanced at each other and smirked.

"Whats with the grins?" Giles noticed as Aaron looked down to contain himself, but couldn't help it.

"Just watch." Louis said as the replay clip showed the humiliating kill the two guys had done.

"The two participants by the name of Aaron Nguyen and Louis Baxter created a little "murder" cube as they called it."

The recording showed Louis creating a quick little cube around an injured participant, placed a spike trap under his feet, and shut the ceiling close.