33: The Desperate Game Changing Call

It was the month of June, the date of the gangs faction matches.

Saber was the regular Saber he was in the beginning. He was just a regular old Japanese dude who wanted to bring a smile to peoples faces with his secret Ramen recipe. As Saber and Aaron grew a strong connection with another, he was willing to do everything in his power to help him succeed. Saber himself had won in the FORTNITE 1.0 System. During this, he awakened to his Founder Pencil power.

Not much has been heard about these Awakeners with the Founder Pencil, and there was a reason why.

Saber had known FORTNITE's dirt secret, because he was a survivor of the project. The name was classified, but it had wiped out most of the participants who have awakened to the power of Kerut. Nobody had known Saber had this power but himself.

That was the true reason why the first system of FORTNITE was shut down for several years. Confused participants awaken to their power without any info or idea on how. Hell, even governmental miners and scientists couldn't explain either. How these sudden bursts of power just happen, giving these participants unique abilities. It's like the pencil everyone has is in its training wheel form before unlocking the true power. Saber didn't know the nitty gritty details of it. But he sure witnessed the awakenings and prosecutions first hand. Posters were all over the facilities reporting these Awakening host members for a free spot into the winners pool without any effort. It was a dick move to keep their company up and running without any issues.

Bob had told Aaron that the first version of FORTNITE was due to hacking and riots. Half was true about that statement, the other false.

Saber had secretly awakened this power during his arena matches up to the finals. He had awakened in the DUO stage, so pretty early in the run. And all this time, he had kept it a secret to avoid being prosecuted. Luckily, he was the only one to survive the prosecution, the one percent.

His name was Shogun Asuku, a Japanese Samurai based on legends and folklore. Again, Saber didn't know the details of where these beings come from. All he known from Asuku that you must achieve inner nirvana, like the practice of Buddhism. Find the true reason why you exist, and achieve that purpose. The chains keeping the Awakener captive will break, and the host is strong enough to move on from the training wheels of the Pencil. Brody had known that concept, he just had to figure out his true meaning. He had been lying to himself to get this extraordinary power, but he had failed to do so.

Saber had kept the same pencil he had when he was in the game himself. Shogun Asuku had been living inside that pencil for several years. Saber's Awakener had human capabilities, such as rational thinking, emotions, and feeling. It was like a fictional character coming to life, a legendary character from Japanese folklore coming to life. Imagine if one of your beloved characters turned into a reality for you and had powers too. It was a game breaking concept for FORTNITE and was the reason why it was shut down years ago.

One day in the Ramen shop he had a phone call from Kryptic. It was Devin.

Devin and Kenshin go back 4 years when they had met in a squad by what Saber believed as fate. The two had won the finals and before you know it, the supposingly "riots" broke out and was rewarded nothing but lifetime housing in FORTNITE facilities. Don't get them wrong, they had stellar housing from the participants.

"What's up Devin, how's Kryptic been?"

"Not good Kenshin, we need a guy like you on our side."

"What's the matter?" He said as he closed up the shop with a key.

"We lost Connor, and Nexus is getting the upper hand out here. I've gotten a note from Aaron, Alex, Louis, and Emma regarding our emotional distress. We need your help." Devin begged.