23: The Game Plan

The gang had grouped around the table before bed and formed a strategy. Mostly it was Alex doing all the work and Aaron nodding along, not contributing anything as usual. Emma particularly stayed quiet for most of the week and nobody had known why, but that wasn't on Alex's mind.

Alex cleared her throat."Here's the plan."

Aaron threw up his feet on the table and fiddled with his old wrist pads. "Listen to Devin, that's the plan."

"Would you just listen..."

Aaron cut Alex off, but with a good point. "Listen, the guy has been there and done that. If he's on the field with us, I'll listen to what he has to say, hands down."

"He's right."

Alex nodded. "I guess for now, we can just listen to orders and experience it firsthand before planning."

"So how does it work?" Aaron asked. "Y'know, 50 people on the same team, Louis?"

"Right. So there are 11 teams of four with the last 2 a lead commander and a sub commander, equaling to 50. The lead commander primarily commands from headquarters at a established location. Whether that is Dusty Depot or Greasy Grove, designated groups with orders build the HQ. The sub, or commonly referred to as the combat commander, carriers out orders from the lead commander to combat squads. We can be builders, assaulters, or defenders."

"With Connor seeing what we can do, he'd probably suggest us on the combat team." Aaron figured.

Alex grinned as if she was almost impressed. "Seems like someone has brains."

"Shuddup!"

"Anyways, we are pretty much being led by Devin himself, which is an honor. This is a real privilege, so do what your told and DON'T SCREW UP." Alex suggested as she glared at Aaron.

Aaron just sighs in exhaustion and gave up trying to deny. "Whatever."

"We are clear."

All nods.

"Meeting adjourned. Let's head to sleep and head to the lockers at 7AM. Buses depart at 8."

The gang gets a good nights rest of sleep with Aaron missing a few hours since his excitement gave him bursts of energy.

"God, being on Kryptic... one of the best factions here."

"Aaron! Go to sleep." Alex chided.

The next morning arises and the gang equipped themselves with their newly bought gadgets and flexed themselves to their fellow Kryptic teammates.

"Looking stylish." Louis said as he pointed fingerguns at Aaron.

"I know, right?" Aaron said as his teeth reflected a glare from the huge factory lights above.

"Alright, guys, focus. There's no telling what Devin has under his sleeve. Just..."

"Alex! You're so serious all the time. Just lighten up a little bit will ya?" Aaron snapped as if he sneaked in a drink late at night.

Alex had second guessed herself. Maybe he was right.

The gang was welcomed by a combat squad alike to them. Louis had told them they were the two accompanying them as as the other squads were assigned as defending and supporting roles.

The main leader for the group was Bryce, a young 27 year adult with yellow shirt and scarf under his olive green chest armor. He sported with the standard issue, black combat boots and olive green fatigues. Serious, intelligent, and blunt; the male version of Alex. He had scars along his coffee skin and there was no telling how they've gotten there without question.