9: Their Past*

Alex and Giles rode the Battle Bus back to the Living Quarters and waited for Aaron and Tyler to get back.
After an hour of return, the two hasn't seen Tyler or Aaron back yet.

"Maybe they stopped by the Ramen Shop for a victory meal?" Giles inferred with nervousness.

"I don't want to think of the worst." Alex confessed as she cuddled her arms.

The two took off their jackets and placed it on their bed.

"Where could that prick be?" Alex bursted in annoyance. "He knows how we would feel if he did this! Was it on purpose or something?"

Giles shrugged his blocky shoulders. "Hell if I know. How bout this, I'll look for him."

Hour later, Giles came back empty handed. "If He isn't here... that means." Alex became horrid of the rushing outcomes of this scenario dial down to one. "No. No, no, no, no." Alex said as he covered her face with her hands.

Alex fell to her knees began to sob. Giles began to feel a unexplainable weight on his shoulders. "How am I going to tell Saber this?"

Giles knelt down before as Alex did back at the arena and patted her on the shoulder. A pat turned into a soft warming hug and her tears turned into a stream.

"He was such a dick, but a cool guy too." She sniffled.

"When we were in a full house. Everyone was so mean to him. I haven't said a word to oppose the asses. When we talked, we clicked." Giles shared as Alex continued. "I got to tell Saber this."

Giles thought he would never do this, but here he was sitting at the bar table waiting for Saber. He had seemed so happy, so passionate in his job. When Saber has seen Giles a returning customer, he both smiled and frowned considering the look on Giles face as and seemed stressed and depressed.

"Stressing over something? That's not good for you considering your looking really good for your age." Saber complimented as he tried to lighten up his mood.

Giles wasn't affected by this and hadn't moved an inch.

"Aaron's gone." Giles said as Saber felt like he was hit by a 10 ton emotional train.

"Really? Or are you just playing with me?"

Giles nodded in all seriousness.

Saber placed his wooden spatulas on the counter and held his hand over his brow devastated. "Ever since his first game, he'd always eat here. "No way, man... it's a dangerous game. But I wouldn't think he would go this early. I just hope that he'd gone out in a fight. He seems to be that type of guy. Not a coward, not a pussy, but a hardcore motherfucker."

Saber stroked his little chin hairs and sighed. "This isn't the first time this has happened to me. I've lost a lot of good people along the years, but he was my brother."

Alex wasn't getting any better at the dorms. She covered her face with a pillow and sobbed in it.

"If I were to die, my own clothes would be my coffin." Aaron had said.

Alex whimpered. "Why did you have to say that? Was the Husks too much? Maybe he would've lived if he was with me or Giles. Was Tyler dragging him down so much?"

Giles returned back to the dorms and gave Alex the news. "He was devastated as we were."

Alex placed her faced back into her rear soaked pillow and wailed. Giles had felt uncomfortable sitting around Alex not doing anything.

"I don't think he's dead." Giles said with his deep gut.

Alex slammed down the pillow on her legs and looked at Giles with those glistening blue eyes of hers. "Then where the fuck is he? It's been more than an hour!"