18: The Smoking Hot Addition*

Tomorrow was the day to see what Emma can do for the gang. Before that can even happen, they had gotten prepared for the arena.

"It seems we can never get a damn break." Aaron sighed.

"Y'know, there's a month break after the Squad games." Louis shared as it brightened Aaron's mood.

"You do know when everything's gonna happen. I'm impressed." Emma noticed as she held her slim hips.

Louis felt hot inside. "Yeah, well... I like to keep everything in mind, like puzzle pieces. Hehe." He laughed nervously.

Alex had noticed his discomfort and had to save him.

"So! What are you guys planning to buy?"

"I want a new jacket." Aaron croaked as he pulled on his 3 week old leather jacket as if he bought it a year ago.

"Haven't you bought that..."

"Yes. And I want a new one." He said.

"By the way, I gotta show you guys this wicked shop I found!" Louis mentioned as Emma pulled her black boots up to her shin and tipped her curved fedora with a white feather imbedded.

"Totally fits you." Aaron complimented with a smile as Emma's cheeks flared.

"Thank you!"

Alex crossed her arms and frowned. He knew Aaron's smile was up to no good. "Let's get going." She said in a more serious tone than usual.

"Gotcha." Aaron said as Alex pulled his sleeve. "Hey! You know I don't like that!"

"Hmph, lets go, honey." Emma said as she buttoned her white cotton woven shirt over her pink shirt.

Louis froze and nodded with his eyes widened behind his shiny, large frames. "A Huh!"

Emma threw her fluffy curly light orange hair over her shoulder and strides out the door with Louis following behind her.

The gang had paced themselves in a uniformed line with Aaron in the center and Emma and Louis at the ends. Alex stayed close to Aaron as Emma was on his left side. Louis dug himself a hole he couldn't get out in his book on 100 tips to building faster structures. He followed formulas and guides to making stable defensive structures against gunfire. He had learned to make windows and doors in regular walls in case it occasion arises.
He was dedicated to make himself useful than making murder cubes for fun.

Aaron glances over to Louis and rolls his eyes to find him reading a book during quality squad bonding time before the arena.

"Louis! Getcha damn head out of the book. This is the time we grow a little bit closer before the game, alright?"

Louis folded the page he was on and tucked the little manual into his pocket.

"Sorry!" He snapped as Alex looks up towards Aaron and frowned.

"That wasn't nice."

"Sorry, it came out wrong, that's all." Aaron laughed. "Sometimes I make myself crack up."

Louis smiled at that comment and knew he was only joking, but Alex took it seriously.

"There's this shop I want y'all to take a look into." Emma suggested.

Aaron seemed interested "Yeah?"