17: Emma's Painting*

After the three had gotten themselves comfortable, they decided to part ways and roam the new facility. The only thing that sucked was that they had to report to the Battle Bus in 3 days considering games were now on Monday.

Louis had checked out the bookstore had found a wide selection of genres ranging from fantasy to how-to books. After he had purchased several books for self improving his skill in the arena, he had came across a tech store, Tacky Tech.

"Hmm." Louis hummed as he entered the store with high hopes.

The store had a weird blue light vibe going on inside. That hadn't bothered Louis one bit as he was affixed in the gadgets mounted on the wall by hooks. Some even had a hefty price tag of 5 to even 10,000 V-Bucks, which was completely out of Louis's league for now.

He had noticed that some of these gadgets were personalized for a certain play style or tactic. Some pickaxes were like blunt objects or sharp ones to literally hack someone's head off. He had seen an electric like taser mining tool, one wrapped in barbed wire and a thin bladed pickaxe for fast swings. To the right of him hanged gliders of some sorts. Each one had a name specific to them by detail.

One that struck him was Cloud Strike. A glider that had purple bolts of thunder over a vast clouds of darkness. He hadn't seen anything beneficial or advantageous than the normal glider he had. But it was intended for it to look cool. He checked out the special features of each glider and found something in common.

"A voice command operating system?"

Louis deducted that yelling the name in which your glider is called with have it automatically unfold in front of you to grasp onto. He thought that was really cool, but it wasn't reliable. It made him laugh if someone threw out the disc and commanded it to open and it wouldn't. That's one nasty way to go out.
Up towards where the cashier stood was wrist pads. Some models were expensive than others, but with alot more special features that others cannot possess. Such as enemy marking and pinpoints. He'd was going for sure to check this place out when his digital bank account was filled to the brim with V-Bucks. He was also going to share this place with Aaron and Alex back at the dorms.

Aaron had checked out that Sukaja Bar and Pub near the facility entrance where he had found it last. He could tell looking in from the outside had the same conjunctions he had been to before. He took a step in and was struck by the smell of strong ale as if Vikings were holding a party. The bar was poorly lit and sported a pool table near the entertainment lounge. The bar table was long enough to fit at least 20 people with 4 to 5 bartenders assisting the swarm of participants there for a drink or two. Aaron had felt like he was going to get used to every second of this. It was like Heaven on Earth for him.

Alex took a lonely stroll through the park and appreciated the butterflies and the sound of a peaceful water fountain in the pond. This place if not was better than Mcmurr's Café on Alex's terms or the one at the previous facility. She sat down on the brown bench with a new outfit to battle against the cold weather in the UK. She sported tightly fitted blue jeans with her black converses. A tan zipper jacket with light red woven shirt with sleeves riding up to her freshly nude nails. She fitted a woven black beanie which flowed her silky brown hair over her eyebrows. She had loved her look with Aaron's money. She laughed at herself for doing something so selfish. She looked at the birds gawking in the air as people dropped bread and crumbles of food for them to scavenge. It almost made Alex forget that Hell was a thing, but they all know that it's the reason why they're here, to get off the planet. There was just too many on those beasts to cleanse the Earth. She wondered where the hell they'd even came from. Some answer that was too far comprehensive for a human probably. She smiled at the beautiful sight in front of her while she can. In 2 days, she had to step in the arena without Giles by her side. But he'd had given the gift for Aaron to be there beside her.

Emma was in a mysterious scenario. When the three had entered the dorm, she was the only one there. Either that her Duo partner had died, or she was assigned to this squad specifically. Either way, they would've welcomed her to the squad anyways. She was a new and fresh addition to the team. Being used to her British culture might bring some spice to the team's spirit. She sat in the dorm alone in the corner of the room with the dining table beside her. She had an half painted canvas and was itching to finish it by today. She firmly believe that perfection can't be rushed, and that's what her motto was ever since.

She was a talented sniper; a sniper with a love of art. Every shadow, every touch of color leads to a perfect crackle into a target. She spends her time on the canvas and the shooting range. Just when she signed up and took the weapon course, she had a distaste for automatic weapons. They were too messy, too inaccurate, and not precise for her liking. That's when she turned to the bolt action rifles. She knew that this wasn't the time to be picky and decided to be proficient in semi auto rifles in general. But she knew when she had her hands on a bolt action rifle, the target ahead of her was done for. She sometimes laugh if they had a living chance to retaliate or even realize what they were looking at. She was a very adventurous type with a lot of imagination and usually dumps it on a canvas.

The three had returned back to the dorms at a designated time beforehand. 4 PM; just enough time to explore what the facility had to offer. Probably not enough time to explore the whole damn facility, given that they arrived at 10 AM. Once Emma had noticed their arrival, she diligently sat down the brush and pallet and chatted with her future teammates.

"So, how do ya like that facility?" Emma asked out of courtesy.

"Awesome!" Louis exploded in praise. "I love it!"

"Yeah... better than that ragged facility we were held up in." Aaron scoffed. "I would hate to die at a time like this."

Alex shifted uncomfortably at his statement.

"Now, quite with ya standing! Have a seat." Emma offered as she pulled out several chairs from the cherry oak table.

Louis pointed towards Emma's painting. "Whats that you're painting over there?"

"Oh! Earth in a... radiating cosmo." She replied with such heart and dedication.

Aaron took a seat, "Huh, whats left of it?" She smirked.

Alex punched Aaron's shoulder. "Aaron!" She scolded.

Emma laughed. "Does it make you wonder where we are going next. It seems like the Heroes seem confidant in their plan."
She took one final look at her half painted Earth and sized it up. "Another planet out there just like this one..."

"It'll be like finding a needle in a haystack, literally." Aaron gestured a star in the galaxy in her canvas.

"Pft. I better not get robbed just like the Heroes did." Aaron whispered to himself.

"Hmm? What was that?" Emma said as she prepared tea in the kitchen.

"Nothing. Just thinking out loud."

Alex caught on to what Aaron had said while Louis was mesmerized by Emma's extraordinarily painted galaxy.

What does he know about the Heroes? Who told him? Alex decided to keep a eye on Aaron to see what else that fool had to spill.