46: The Hardest Choice of My Life

8 months I've been with these people I truly care for.

Louis, the guy I always fucked around with but knew inside it was just a joke. And also the guy who got me my Crafty back.

Alex, the most dominant chick I ever met in my life. The reason why I enjoyed it was because she wasn't "corrupted" by her old ways she shared back in high school.

Giles... A man of protection and selflessness. Man, what would you do if you were here right now?

Tyler, who was a gruesome example of how shitty the Heroes are. Using the Husks as an entertainment tool rather than a threat. It made me sick in the inside when I saw that young boy's face in my mind.

Saber, the guy who can make kickass ramen and have me such good advice through rough times.

Andromeda, the killer robot who seems to have an internal rivalry with me. But as long as I'm with Alex, she wouldn't try anything I hope.

Zach, to be honest, I don't know where I stand with him. He did board the rocket when we were left on Kerut. But he did speak out for us when we weren't there, so I guess I'll forgive him for that.

There's also Erin, the outdoor gal who overcame such a rough past and is the first female to awaken to the mysterious pencil and hold it.

Emma, the gal who was always happy, despite her cruel past and all. I can't say that she's the only one special with that kind of terrible past. I can say that I've never actually experienced something like that.

When I was born, I was raised in a happy family with everything you can possibly imagine. A cool brother, a busy dad who provided everything he could for us. A mom who cooked us dinner and helped out with the dishes. Everything was perfect until a meteor crashed in my school.

Hell, I was happy we didn't have school. But in second thought, I thought it was the end of humanity. When I had gotten back to my house, I saw my little brother take in a Husks by himself to protect our mom. Keep this in mind, he was only 12 when Hell had happened. It had taken balls for him to kill, but I couldn't see why he wouldn't since those Husks are so ugly. That's honestly why I haven't shared my past with any of my teammates. In the heat of the moment, is is completely irrelevant. Also, I didn't want to leave a sour taste in my friends' mouth when I said I came from a good family with everything possible. With my parents and my little brother still alive and kicking out there. I didn't want Erin, Emma, or Alex (who doesn't even know if her family is still alive) to know that someone close to them had it better.

All in all, we were all on the same level when Leviathan decided to invade our crib with her smug looking dickheads. I didn't want to act anything special because I honestly wasn't. Alex did ask me once about my past, and I avoided the topic completely. Wether she gotten the wrong conception is beyond my concern. What I cared about was everyone, and not just my problems. But this problem I had wasn't just my own, it was everyone's. Worst of all, my pencil had the ability that no other of my teammates, allies, friends have had.

After the Heroes were dealt with appropriately, I don't care about the hole in the roof of the hospital room. As Andromeda was temporarily shut down, we didn't have any help with this scenario. Wether they were kicking or not, that is.

As Louis and Zach stand by the doorway, they made way for me to come in and was greeted by the two ladies on the bed. Hooked up to life support, they were surely alive and well to recover.

"Aaron..." Zach said.

I turned over to him. "She's not coming back... she's- in a better place than Hell."

It pained me, but it was one or the other. And... I chose what was best for not only me, but the connectivity of the team!

Louis and Zach each patted his back. "We have a city to build with those new powers of yours." Louis reminded. "We only know 10% of what that Stone Age creation is in your hand. It's best if we find out everything we can do about it. Maybe we can work something out to resolve this epidemic."

I nodded. He was right. Crafty had unlimited potential in my hand. I have the tool of creativity in my hand. I can do it.

"Yes. You two stay here."

I began to walked out the room until Zach called my name.

"Where are you going?"

I stopped and turned my head halfway. "I'm making Heaven on Hell."

I smiled after that badass statement and threw my shades on. I actually felt proud of myself making such a department.

As I left the devastated hotel, I walked the road I dug craters into in the fight with the Heroes. Cars were thrown into buildings, light posts imposed through store windows. I couldn't remember one bit of it too. Louis and Zach said I turned into a huge demon looking thing from my pencil, but they must've been drugged or something.

As I held my pencil tightly between my palms, I focus in a serious deep train of thought. The thought of taking an eraser and wiping the whole dead mans land clean from the destruction. One by one, is imagined everything that was going to in my 10 mile long city. First, a better made hospital, second, a bar, a ramen shop, and lastly, the memorial of all lives that has contributed towards where I'm standing today.

The whole 10 mile long city all formed into bluish purple holograms and in a slow wave, it became reality. As bricks were molded and stacked into place to step being welded in being either bolts or heat.

As a new city emerges in a matter of minutes, I never knew a pencil like this can hold infinite potential. It's so powerful, even human minds can wrap their head around it, even Louis.

As we needed people to run the city, it would be us. Us who won't use people for an abusive selection process, inhuman tactics, and we won't use our people under our wing as our maids. Never in a million years, none of us would want us to be what the Heroes were.