be here now

September 1999

Time had passed so fast. Liam had been away for the most part of a year and the kids were growing so fast. Me and Liam had been keeping quiet. He had been working hard in the studio working on the new album. Liam was nervous since he wrote one of the songs on this album. i cried the first time i heard little James.

Me and Liam had been busy getting the last arangements for the wedding, were having a winter wedding . Liam has been so amazing.

He hasnt been with anyone else apart from me and has stayed loyal, even him and Noel have been getting on better. He is absolutely in love with Florance. She can talk now and walk, and do all the other things that toddlers do. Lennon is 10 now and hes his dads double. Always has been but as he gets older he just resembles Liam more.

Me and Liam were over at Noels, him and Meg have been hitting rough patches recently. They're such a beautiful couple but right now we just had to suport Noel.

"I'm just sick of all this arguing man, now i know how you two felt" he said as we watched Flo and Anaïs play.

"Hay, we're going well lately" liam said taking my hand.

"Where is Meg?" I asked.

"Fuck knows, her mams probably," he said.

"Wheres Lennon?" Noel asked

"Hes at his mates house" liam said.

"Im just about done with all the arguing and fighting and she always thinks im fucking her about" Noel said rubbing his forehead.

"Just fot to reassure her Noel. We know you love her and that she loves you" we both agreed.

"Yeah well its about time she stared showing it man" noel said patting liams shoulder. "Anyway what you two up to?, you got everythin' planned for december or what?" He said picking up the tv remote.

"Most of it, me mams helping us with some of it" liam said floppin on the couch next to Noel. I loved seeing them get on. When they do get on, it makes me happy, they're proper brothers who do love eachother very much.

"So whats happening with you Sal? You coming on this little tour next month or what?" Noel asked. They had to go to do one last tour in Europe, it was only for teo weeks so i was going with them since Peggy offered to take Flo and Lennon.

"I think so yeah, your mam offered to take the kids." I said.

"Yeah me and meg got her mam to take Anais so shes comin' anawl." He said, less enthusiastic about it than he should be.

###

Me and liam were lying in bed, i was laying slightly on him with my leg draped over his. Flo and Lennon were in bed. I was just drawing on his chest with my finger.

"Here, sal, do you remember that time when we kids and me dad had just beat the shit outta Noel, i think he was about 11 or something, and i ran away?" He asked. I remember it, it was so random.

"Y...yeah why?" I asked.

"You were the first person i ran too" he said. Running his hand through my hair.

"Liam i lived next door, you were 6, where else would you have went?"

"Yeah but i went to you because i fancied ya" he smiled.

"Shut up" i laughed. "I thought that was gonna get deep for a second there, and all you wanted to tell me was that?"

"When was the last time i got deep?" He asked.

"Balls deep" i joked as he laughed.

"You're an actual idiot Sally" he smiled. I looked up at him smiling. He leaned down and kissed me. "I love you" he said. I nodded.

"I love you too" i said.

"This tours gonna be fun you know, you aint been on tour since before Florance was born" he reminded me.

"Might be the most fun ive had in years" i wind him up.

"Shut up, we have fun" he protested.

"Trips to the park with the kids might be fun for man children like you liam, but i have three of you too look after" i laughed. He pushed me away playfully.

"I hate ya sometimes Sal" he laughs.

"No you dont though"

"I do"

"Liam no you dont"

"I fuckin' do"

"What you lying for? You don't" i pushed. He sighed and pulled me into him.

"Nah, i dont" he smiled before kissing me again. I leaned into it as he pulled me on top of him. I smiled into the kiss. He had a hand on my arse and a hand on my neck. I had both hands pressed against his chest.

I loved these nights, the nights when we just put the kids to bed and lay away talking absolute shite all night. They saved us, sounds stupid but it was nights like this that made me realise just how in love with the man i was.

All those years i realised i was pushing him away because why would he want someone like me when he could have anyone, i was forgetting liam loved me before anyone ever did. All those time i said i had firsts with Liam, i was forgetting they were his firsts too.

I was selfish, bit now i know that he loves me and if i just let him love me maybe we will finaly be fucking happy.

###

"Mum wheres dad?" Lennon asked as he walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes.

"I think hes at the studio, why?" I asked him.

"I thought we were going to the game?" He asked, Liam and Lennon and Noel always go to the city games together. Today was one of those days where Liam was pissed he had to work the weekend because Noel couldnt be arsed with Meg.

"I dont think your going today kiddo, dads working" i said fiddling with his long brown hair. He laughed and shoved me off.

"Ill take ya" i said. Lennon eyed me up for a hint of a lie.

"You can't take me its dads thing" lennon said. Lennon was a sport, he knew sometimes Liam had other commitments but he was still sad. I could tell.

"Why dont we go down to studio to watch the game?" I asked him. He looked up and smiled but then frowned again.

"Dad said i aint aloud in the studio" he said. I tutted.

"Ill take you and flo, we'll be fine." I said.

"Alright then if you say so." He smilled rushing back upstairs. I couldnt believe he was 10. Life was flying by so fast sometimes i forgot just how big he was getting.

###

We got to the studio just in time for the kick off. I knew they would be watching it since they werent even recording anything. , Liam looked please to see the three of us.

"Babe, what you doing here?" He asked.

"Lennon was sad you couldnt take him to the game so i decided to come round an see ya" i smiled leaning up and kissing his cheek. He pulled lennon into a hug and took Florance out the buggy. It was quite cold so she was in a fluffy onesy.

After the football Liam took us out for lunch, telling Noel to man up and face his wife. I wish things would get better for him because he really did love Meg. They were just hitting bumps in the road.

I couldnt ask for a bater family than this one. Me and liam were finaly in a great place and although everyone doubted us i knew we would pull through.