Ch.1

The sounds of lockers slamming startled me and brought me back to reality. Another school day gone,done,and over.

I watched as Jenna and her group laughed about some stupid joke.Again.What else do they have to laugh at besides 'fashion disasters' and stupid things like that.That group consists of anyone from dumb to brainless girls.Gigi is the only smart one but she follows Jenna like a lost puppy.I'm the groups main target but I survive.

I shook my head sadly at the group's stupidity and went to put my stuff up.I had put up all of my school stuff,grabbed my earbuds,and closed the locker door when Trixie slammed my head into the door.She vanished as a teacher came into view and I rubbed the back of my head softly.At least it's the end of the day.

I turned and zipped up my red parka to get ready for the January coldness.I walked down the hall and ran out of the doors of the school.I ran for about half a block when I went into the alleys.I've lived here all of my life so I know this town like the back of my hand.

No one knows how well I know this place.Then again I have lived here all my life and no one noticed me.Till middle school.That's when I started to get bullied.Jenna's group are my bullies.They punch,kicked,insult,and break my bones for nothing.

I shook my head to let my mind wonder somewhere else so I turned on my phone to listen to music.I shivered and continued to walk.I really, really, really hate winter so much. I love Christmas and the rest of it but this is also the season of freezing weather and itchy sweaters. You know the ones that look cute but are super itchy. I can't wait till spring comes.

My red parka was nice to wear, yes,but my jeans let the freezing winds breeze through.Why can't I just be toasty and not cold?I really wish I lived somewhere warm.I stopped when I saw a boot out of the corner of eye.I turned my head to see who it was but no one was there.

I shrugged and walked faster.When a one story house with peeling green paint came into view I knew I was home.Sure it was a good walk but it's better than sharing the same bus as Jenna.The porch was old and also had peeling white paint, so I wasn't surprise when I stepped on the porch and it creaked.

I walked in and shut the door.A pretty much plain living room stunk from the smell of alcohol.I crinkled up my nose and ran back to my room.I slammed the door behind me and laid down a bag full of parts on my bed.My room wasn't exactly ...... neat.......or clean.

Papers were pinned on top of one another,thrown across my desk,books were scattered,dirty clothes,shoes,and tool were scattered all over.Before you ask how I got the parts,I find the parts in old cars at the junkyard run by a friend.He gives me all the parts I want and I went there this morning.I grabbed a hand full of parts I needed and set them on my desk.

I put on a pair goggles that were oval shaped and prepared to build something I've dying to build for days.With all the parts displayed before me I went to work.My hands moved at a swift pace putting the parts together to create a masterpiece.

"Ann?" Evan, my father, asked.

I looked back at silently.I know most parents would get mad but Evan doesn't mind if I don't talk.In fact he hates when I talk.He just hates me period.He was actually glad that I stopped talking four years ago.It maybe odd but I just choose not to talk.

"Here's a letter for you," he said nicely.

I opened it and it was a letter from Patrick,the junkyard owner,inviting me to the junkyard the next night.I looked up at Evan when he cleared his throat.

"You better fix that car before something happens to you Ann," he ordered.

He slammed the door and I rolled my eyes and sighed. Wonder if there's something wrong with the exhaust again.Plus he always like that. I'm actually surprise he's not bipolar.Trust me.I asked him to go see if he was and when he came back with negative results.He was only worried that he might snap on one of his 'dates' so he agreed.

I walked over to the wall with the window in it and pinned it on a paper about neutrons.I turned and walked.I wasn't even three steps away when all of the papers fell off the wall.Now I'm ankle deep in papers.I threw my head back and groaned in frustration.

I walked to the closet and grabbed two empty boxes and a box of trash bags. It's about time I cleaned up a little. I set the two boxes down so I could start cleaning. I picked my books up first and put them on the shelves over my bed. Then I got up all of my dirty clothes and set them in a pile next to the door.

Then I started to go through the papers to sort. Trash and keep. I could already see a dozen papers that I could throw away. When I was finished I was tired beyond belief but I still had things to do. I dragged the two garbage bags to the front door,opened the door,and dragged the trash bags to the trash can.After throwing them in I ran back to the house.

I locked the front door and went back into my room.I picked up the clothes and put them in dirty clothes basket.Then I went to pick up my shoes.Mostly converse, boots, and tennis shoes. I only have one pair of high heels.They're still in the box and unused.

I got changed and was about to go back to sleep when I saw a photo on the wall where the papers were hung.Mind you I've got another wall so, I wasn't completely done.In the photo was a boy about twelve and a girl I recognized immediately. It was me.You could barely tell though. I had all of my hair tucked into a hat and I was happy,smiling,and laughing.The boy looked pretty familiar to me for some odd reason.

I flipped the photo over and it said "Toby and me making fools of ourselves."

Toby? Why does that name seem familiar? It's so flipping confusing! I put the photo under my pillow and climbed under my navy blue comforter.Before I closed my eyes my mind drifted off to thoughts of that boy.I put my phone on a timer and put on a song to lead me to sleep.