Ch.19

My eyes shot open when I heard a scream.I groaned and sat up.Maybe it was just a dream.I yawned and put on a robe.

I walked out onto the overhang and leaned on the rail.I looked down and saw a woman and her children on the second level.The kids were crying and the woman was the phone freaking out.I looked closer and saw a corpse hacked behind her.I gasped and ran back into my apartment.

"Who would do something like that?"I asked.

I grabbed a a jacket and replaced the robe with that.I ran down the stairs to the second floor and screamed when I tripped over another dead body.A girl younger than me with brown hair was lying at the foot of the stairs.The woman heard me and looked around the corner.

She started to panic and was basically screaming at the dispatcher.I looked at the girl and cried.Why would anyone do this?I looked at the wall and saw writing in blood.

I'll find her.Nothing will stop me.

The 'N' was written larger the rest of the letters and I tried to think who would do this.Someone strong,someone unstable.I knelled down to the kids and calmed them down.I couldn't shake the feeling I knew who did this while I talked to the kids.When the police arrived they questioned me along with the others.

"Do you know either victim?"the officer asked.

"No,"I answered.

"Do you know who would kill both of them?"

"Someone unstable by the looks of it."

"That'll be all."

I watched as the woman told investigators about one of the victims.While this was happening I ran back up to my place and locked the door.Then I heard someone I did not want to talk to.

'Ann,'Slender said.

'Go away Slender.'

'Why have you runaway?'

'What's it to you?'

'Ann we're worried about you.'

'The only thing to worry about is someone was killed near where I live.'

I stopped talking to him and focused on making a mind block.When I made one I sighed.Why won't they leave me alone?

'Because Toby's in-'Slender started before I blocked him again.

I don't give an ear bud what Toby's in.I don't care if he's in trouble,a grave,or love.....Did I just say love?Where did that come from?I shook my head and decided to write.

I grabbed some paper and started to write about some girl who falls for a bad guy.I got thinking about it and crumbled it up.I started over and this time the girl was me.The bad guy was Toby and I based it off of what happened.I put two and two when I was writing it.

Toby was in love with someone.But who?I made a chart of girls and guys I knew Toby knew and tried to make sense of it.I'll figure this out later.I put it up and went back to bed.

*Dream*

I was walking home from work when I heard someone.

"AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN,where are you?"the person said in sing tone kind of voice.

I ignored it and walked faster.

"I know where you live,"it said.

"GO AWAY!"I yelled and ran.

"Bad move,liar,"it said.

I ran faster and felt a pain in my back.I was kicked down and someone grabbed a fist full of my hair.