Ch.18

I sat on the roof of Ann's waiting for her.I wanted to talk with her about something important.I watched as Jojo walked out crying.What's wrong with her?

"Why are you crying Jojo?"I asked.

She yelped and looked at me.

"Hey Toby.It's nothing really you don't need to worry about me,"she said sniffling.

"You're lying.You wouldn't be crying if it was nothing,"I said jumping down.

Her green eyes looked away with tears threatening to fall.When I was two away Jojo clinged onto me and started to cry harder.I patted her back softly.

"Jojo,what's wrong?"I asked in a whisper.

She sniffled a couple of times before answering,"Ann *Sniff* she's *Sobs* missing."

I felt my whole body almost shut down and break.Ann?Missing?Is she joking?

"You're not lying are you?"I asked,voice cracking.

"No,"she said sobbing hard.

I hugged Jojo and said,"I'll find her.I promise."

"How?"

"I have my friends."

She let go and smiled at me.

"Thanks Toby,"she said tears rolling down her cheeks.

I nodded and ran to the woods.When I was out of sight I Slender Walked back to the mansion.I walked into the living room and cleared my throat.Jane and Sally stopped watching tv and looked at me.

"Hey Toby,"Sally said.

"Ummmm...I've got bad news,"I said.

"What?BEN broke his neck again?"Jane asked sarcastically.

"No.Errr...Sally your not going to like this,"I said.

"What?"the girl asked.

"Ann's missing,"I said.

"WHAT?!?"Sally screeched.

She started to bombard me with questions and I kept telling I didn't know.

"Do you think she hates us?"she asked.

"I don't know Sally,"I said.

I twitched and almost fell backwards when Slender appeared in front of me.

"What the hell Slender?"I yelled.

'I'm sorry but I wasted almost my energy looking for Ann in a nearby city,'he said.

"How did you know she was missing?"Jane asked.

'I didn't.I just happened to see her in the city,'Slender said.

"Wait.You mean that place with all those fancy houses?"I asked.

'No.Much,much farther than that.About fifty miles south from here,'Slender said.

"Do you think she was kidnap?"I asked,secretly hoping she was and she hadn't left on her own.

'No.It looks like she ran away.'

"Why would she do that?"Sally asked on the verge of tears.

'Perphaps it has something to do with Toby.'

"What?How do I have anything to do with this?"I asked.

'Because she was speaking.'

I was shocked.She was speaking?Does this have do with-Of course!That's why!How did she know I was there though?