Ch.47

"Knife," Masky said holding out a hand.

"Knife," Hoodie said handing him one.

"Just who the hell are you guys?"Jenna muttered her breath.

Toby glared at her as a guy raised his hand.Toby sighed.Here go the questions.

"What?"the Proxy asked.

"Where did Nightshade go?"he asked.

Toby took a glance at his friends and caught Masky  up.How is it Crystal knew what that masked a-Toby shook his head.He's getting off track.

"I don't know honestly,"he admitted twitching.

He muttered 'Flying banana squid' under his breath,taking another glance at the two masked figures.

"Leave it to the freaks to get us into this freaking mess,"Jenna muttered.

She thought no one heard her but Hoodie looked in her direction.

"Jenna this isn't the time to be complaining,"a girl in glasses whispered.

Hoodie continued to watch the former blond turned brunette.The said girl shifted uncomfortably feeling the hooded one's hidden eyes watch her.The tension in the room was obvious but no one said anything.The students were whispering among themselves to keep calm,Masky was trying to pick the lock of the door,Hoodie was watching the group of students,and Toby was sitting on a table staring at a clock.He swung his legs trying to distract himself but thoughts of Crystal fluttered into his mind.

His eyes widen at the thought of the blue haired teen.She had been the only one besides Nightshade,who really didn't count since she could float through walls,out of the room.Where was she?Toby twitches became more violent as worst case scenarios plagued his mind.Jenna noticed and raise a still blond eyebrow.

"What's his deal?"she asked.

Hoodie finally broke his gaze to look at Toby.

"Great...."he groaned as Toby twitched again.

"Killer bunny!"Toby shouted.

"What?"someone asked.

"Side effects of tourette syndrome,it's normal,"Masky said never breaking his gaze from the lock,"Usually his voice just cracks."

"S-s-shut up!"Toby snapped,voice cracking.

"There it goes,"Masky gloated.

"How come we've never seen this before?"Jenna asked smugly.

"Toby has learned to control it,a little.It just depends on his mood,"Hoodie replied this time.

A click echoed through the room and all heads turned to the door.Masky smiled behind his mask and stood up.

He opened the door and said,"Ladies and gentlemen,Masky has freed you."

Toby rolled his eyes and slid off the table.He pushed Masky out of the way and stopped dead in his tracks.The hallway was completely trashed.A trophy case was on fire,the walls were covered in blood,and trails of the red substance were smeared going down the hall.

"Crystal?!"Toby yelled twitching.

He began to tap his foot to resist the urge to chew on his fingers until they bled.Toby looked for any sign of the teen before running down the hall.

"Toby Rogers,"a voice made him stop.

Toby looked behind him to Masky shaking his head and the students pouring out of the room.

"We have to get them out of here first,"the older one said.

Toby twitched and narrowed his eyes.