Chapter 42

Maya's POV

4:37 pm.

Sitting in my phycologists office fidgeting with my fingers anxiously as I looked down. The only sound filling the room was the constant ticking of the clock and birds chirping outside. 

"Maya, it's okay to take your time. But you will need to answer me; what's been happening in your day?" She asks with a heartwarming tone.

*Flashback*

I was on my way to my locker in the crowded hallways with my books wrapped by my arms close to my chest. I had put it in my locker code and as soon as I pulled my metal door open, a bunch of papers fell out and falling everywhere on the ground. 

'Slut'

'Whore'

'Gold digger'

'Please kill yourself no one even likes you'

'What does he even see in you. You're nothing but ugly af'

I bent down to pick up all the papers and stared at the words blankly. There's only one person I can think of who would take time out of their day to make me miserable. Alison.

"I see you got my little surprise" 

Speak of the devil herself, there she stood hovering over me as I was still bent down with the papers in my hand. She had a smoothie in her hand which she was almost done with. Detaching her lips from the straw she looked around for a trash can.

"I can't seem to find a bin anywhere. Oh well, guess I have to make do" and with that, she removes the lid and pours the rest of her smoothie on top of my head as the sticky liquid went running down my uniform along with soaking my hair and face.

*End of flashback*

I snapped back to my thoughts and looked up at her shaking my head. 

"Nothing really, just the same old routine. Went to school, came back and did my homework" I forced a smile on my lips.

"And what about Alison? Did you come across her today?" She asked.

I shook my head no once again. She continued to scribble words on her notepad while looking down at her paper as I sat in silence. We did a few more exercises to help me think positively along with giving me some life advice that I may need to use in the future, but after that, it was time for me to leave again.

As soon as I had gotten home, I went straight up to my room and closed my door craving some alone time. It was only then when I felt my phone vibrating and realizing it was Joel who was calling me. 

"Hello?" I picked up

"Hey"

"Um, hi what's up?"

"Can I come over to see you?"

"Of course you can Joel, you don't need to ask"

"I know but I didn't know if you'd want me to"

"I'll explain everything when you come over"

"Ok then baby see you soon" he says giving me a kiss through the phone. 

I smiled then hung up. I quickly spent the little free time that I had, to fix myself up. Brush my hair again, fix my makeup, making myself look a little more presentable. Sure Joel has seen me without makeup but nothing wrong with a girl wanting to look good for her man.