Hearing Things

Lauren's POV
"Ow." I rub my head in pain feeling like I took a brick to the skull.

Then I hear it. I hear my scratchy breathing, the beeping of the machines, something other than lonely silence.

Before I can process this regained sense I am interrupted, "Hey you're up." The doctor comes in then looks mad at himself and writes the same thing on a paper.

How are you feeling?

"My head hurts and I can barely read that. Can you just talk quietly please?" The doctors face lights up.

"You can hear?" I nod not making a big deal out of it.

"Where's Dani?" I ask and the doctors face darkens.

Oh no, she can't be dead, she was certainly hit hard enough. I curl up into a makeshift ball the wires slightly in the way.

"Lauren?" The doctor asks but I ignore him. He talks some more but I place my hands over my ears shutting him out.

I don't want to know a how, why, or an excuse.

Dani's POV
I struggle to open my eyes and when I do I want to close them again.

I am blinded by an overload of white.

I try to remember how I got here but can't come up with anything.

The last thing I remember was eating the delicious pancakes for breakfast.

I cough heartily about to ask for water but remember I can't speak.

I see Katherine in the corner and try to look for anything to get her attention and I just screw it.

"Kath." I whisper out and I smile hearing my own but currently cracked voice.

Katherine's POV
I hear Dani's voice thinking I'm crazy for two reasons, two seconds ago she was out cold, and she's mute.

I put a bookmark in my book looking up seeing Dani smiling down at me.

"Dani I could have sworn I just heard your voice." I admit feeling a little dumb.

Maybe I'm just really tired.

"You did." She croaks out but still has a smile on her face.

Lisa's POV
I stare at Lauren informed by the doctor a good and a bad thing.

She could hear him but she wasn't listening to him.

"Lauren?" I poke my younger sister.

"Go away." She mumbles slapping my hand away. I see the back of my hand turn red but I cannot feel a thing.

I sit on the bed next to her hinting that I'm not leaving anytime soon.

"Lisssaaa." She whines making me chuckle. "I told you to leave and don't laugh at me."

I pull her into a big hug not caring about her request.

I kiss the top of her head, "I love you Ladybug."

"I love you too Moose." She whispers out and any broken heart could have been mended at that moment.

Christina's POV
I am sitting on a chair that Amy guided me to clumsily being that she doesn't have function of her hands.

"Christina!" I hear Katherine's excited voice and feel hands fall into my lap. "Guess what?" She reminds me of Dani before the accident making me slump down.

"It's a good thing." Katherine reassures me.

"A good thing, in a hospital." I sarcastically retort.

The only good thing that happens in hospitals is babies being born.

"Dani can speak!" That is a good thing, heck it's a miracle.

Amy's POV
I walk into Dani's room after Katherine comes bursting out.

"Hey Ames." I stop in my tracks hearing my youngest sister's voice.

It sounds like it hurts but it is still a voice.

"I sound bad." Dani looks down at her hands and I regret my actions.

I shake my head no, "I was just shocked to hear your voice." I admit because it is what stopped me.

"Where's Lauren?" Dani asks and I don't know if she remembers anything about the crash.

If it could even be called that.

I bite my lip, "She's upstairs, do you want me to get her?" I ask and Dani rapidly nods.

"But will she be happy or sad?" Dani asks before I can leave.

Her green eyes beg for an answer, "Happy of course, seeing you happy makes her happy." Her eyes light up and a smile forma on her face.

I think I just lied to her face but it was for the best, for now at least.

Thanks for the comments! EstaticZap love_kath_ Evie-ll poppy1202 akabpersempre andreastanton165 Butterflylover25