Logic Ruins Everything

Lisa's POV
"Dani and Lauren." Christina answers and I roll my eyes wishing she could see the disbelief on my face.

"It is more complicated than that. We set them up for failure by sending them to school." I answer not wanting to make the two girls sound like villains.

"But there are two ways to face failure. As a learning experience or crushing and currently they are tipping towards crushing." I feel my ears heat up and I grit my teeth.

Amy's POV
I listen to Christina's words letting them diffuse through my brain.

I never thought of it that way, as them not being the victims.

"We've repeated the same argument over and over again." I try to stop the two red faced girls as Lisa glares at Christina.

"You guys both care about Dani and Lauren's health, and you both want them to leave school. Start with that." Katherine tries to point out that they want the same thing in the end.

They all turn to me instead making me gulp.

Katherine's POV
"Amy what do you think we should do?" Lisa asks her voice laced with sarcasm.

The poor girl is practically shaking in her spot before she answers, "Maybe just let them figure out their problems on their own?" She asks as a question clearly not wanting us to reject her.

I doubt she'll get her wish though.

As Christina's mouth opens I know it will be bad, "How Amy? They'll get expelled out of school. Or worse they'll end up getting hurt."

I'm surprised that she actually seems to be agreeing with Amy, well kinda.

Christina's POV
I know Amy has good intentions, she's a sweet southern belle at heart, but logically it is hard to agree with her.

She speaks up again, "They have to face the outside world." I want it to be that easy but as Lisa said it is not.

I sigh heavily, "They just don't know how."

Dani's POV
I sigh staring at Lauren as I doubt she is going to be moving anytime soon.

I cross my arms as the bells rings trying to make the tough decision between dragging her to class or just leaving her here.

A teacher roams the now empty hallways and yells at me, "Go to class!" I nod rapidly scared of more reprimand.

I tug on Lauren's shirt getting no reaction out of the older girl.

Stubborn as a mule.

I walk away taking one glance over my shoulder at the non-moving Lauren.

Lauren's POV
I can't help but ignore Dani. My mind doesn't process the fact that she is probably trying to help me.

I turn away from the wall sliding against the cold lockers.

I shiver at the touch as I curl up into a ball.

I put my head on my knees, clenching my knees tightly to my chest with my arms.

I don't care if the only words I ever heard were insults.

I just want to hear something.

Thanks to the loyal Evie-ll & poppy1202