Something's Off

Katherine's POV
I squint feeling something off about my two youngest sisters.

They are hiding something.

I clench my teeth sick of lies especially from Lauren, "What are you hiding from us?" I ask not beating around the bush.

Lauren sighs and Dani pulls her shirt up and I see nothing wrong just her stomach.

"The other side dingbat." Dani notices and I then see the white sheet covering the entirety of Lauren's back.

I realize the white sheet is a large bandage of some sort.

I lean over to get a better look and see a small part peeling off and it is all dark red.

Christina's POV
"Lauren what happened to your back?" Katherine asks her voice sounding calm like used on a rabid dog.

"Lauren." Katherine sternly repeats.

"Since Lauren doesn't seem very talkative at the moment." Dani pitches in. "She was the one hurt by the underside of the car as in the one that would have the injuries consistent with being scraped by the bottom of the car."

My jaw drops as I slightly throw up in my mouth picturing being unable to move under the car.

Lauren's POV
I walk back upstairs to the room I was in and Dani helps me take my shirt off it containing a few yelps.

The doctor that helped with Dani walks in carrying a multitude of disinfectant in a basket.

"So this will definitely hurt." She says not sugarcoating it at all.

Ripping a bandage off never had felt so painful as black spots cloud my vision, tears fall down my face, I bite my lip.

Then a cold burn covers my entire back and I close my eyes tightly, clenching my hands into fists.

Dani's POV
I stare at Lauren's grotesque back, no offense to her, but it doesn't look like skin.

"Danielle you aren't really helping." Lauren sarcastically remarks.

I bring my attention back to Lauren's face.

She is wearing a grimace but her eyes light up as they stare at my face.

"Lauren you need to make sure you change this every four hours so it doesn't get infected being a big and exposed sore." The nurse informs Lauren who simply nods.

"Same goes for you Dani but also an ice pack on that bruise." The nurse leaves after putting another layer of gauze on Lauren's back.

Lisa's POV
I take a deep breath standing up to compose myself.

"Let's go. I have someone to apologize to." She has an oblivious look on her face.

"Lauren." I clarify and she nods for some reason not believing me.

She follows anyway and I stop in the door of Lauren's hospital room.

"Can I come in?" I ask softly not wanting to frighten her.

She turns from Dani to me nodding.

Amy's POV
I am unable to stop staring at Lauren's face, well Lisa's handprint on it.

"I'm sorry Lauren. It was the spur of the moment." I try to read Lauren's thoughts as she doesn't answer Lisa.

I easily get Lisa's from just standing next to her.

She's terrified that Lauren's going to hate her which I wouldn't blame Lauren for doing.

"It's okay. I deserved it." Lauren answers but that apparently wasn't the answer Lisa wanted.

Thanks for the Comments! love_kath_ EstaticZap Evie-ll poppy1202 Butterflylover25 andreastanton165