Empathy

Lauren's POV
I get the energy to do my homework laying on the ground and taking all of my homework out of my backpack.

I want to ask Dani if she wants to do it with me but I don't think we are on good terms.

I look at the homework having not paid attention in the one class I went to and having skipped the other five.

I bite on the end of my pencil trying to figure out any of this stuff.

Lisa's POV
I open the door to Dani, Lauren, and my room finding Lauren doing homework and Dani on her phone on the bunk.

Lauren looks up noticing my movement but Dani's too involved in her phone to notice me.

I lay next to Lauren not feeling like talking about the problem of school anymore.

She smiles at me but I notice her paper has no work on it.

What's wrong? I write on the side.

I don't get it. She writes back and I'm confused on why she didn't just answer it out loud.

Why not? I ask and her shoulders slump.

Because I didn't try to pay attention in class. She must be telling the truth and I decide why not be a normal big sister and help her.

Dani's POV
I almost jump seeing Lisa now in the room.

When did she get here? Whatever.

I walk into the bathroom staring at my beat up face.

A black ring is under my left eye and my nose is swollen from again being punched.

Her dad knew she was hurting me why didn't he stop it?

I touch the ring, feeling a pain that normally would provoke a yelp.

I bite my lip thinking for a moment.

Why did God punish us?

Christina's POV
"So it's three against three right?" I ask Katherine and Amy. Who I really hope are in the room.

I feel a hand on my own, "Yes." Katherine speaks up.

"What do you think Amy?" Katherine asks making it so I'm not embarrassed.

Amy's POV
I'm scared, I don't want Lisa to yell at me or Christina to.

"I agree with you but we need figure out how to get them through a day without being bullied." I highly doubt that my plan could ever work.

Christina was probably the one of us that was the least bullied during school so she will have the least empathy.

I don't think Dani and Lauren though were bullied before this year or they just concealed it a lot better.

Katherine's POV
"Amy." She is being too optimistic. It is where all of us should be thinking but it is not going to be reached.

"I know they'll keep being bullied. I went to school, I was bullied after begging them to stop. No one does anything so I'm just trying to come up with something." Amy snaps at me making me put my hands up in defense.

"I never said you didn't understand what they were going through." I backpedal not liking scary Amy.

"We all know the true fact that sending them to that school will result in bloody noses, black eyes, and bruised egos." Amy points out and Christina hangs her head.

Thanks for the comments! love_kath_ akabpersempre andreastanton165 EstaticZap Evie-ll