Taking A Break

Lauren's POV
I sniffle as the tears fall down my cheeks into my palms. I'm so stupid and so self absorbed. I mean I can survive not being able to hear, people do it.

Dani can't talk, and gosh she loved talking.

Why can't I put everything into perspective?

I can speak, I can see, I can move, I can feel, I just cannot hear which was my favorite sense.

Dani's POV
"Dani." Lisa sounds demanding and her eyes dart over to Lauren.

They expect me to help Lauren but no way is she even going to look at me, or anyone.

I nod not caring about the ginormous task because it isn't not hearing that is bugging Lauren. It might be a part of it but it is something else.

I'll figure it out later.

Lisa's POV
Dani does not look too thrilled with the task of helping Lauren.

"I can help if you want." I offer and Dani stares at me her green eyes bulging.

No thank you.

I feel my heart break at the three words.

She didn't shrug it off she attacked the words with such harsh lines it must have meant something.

I mean you would just mess it up.

Dani fails at backpedaling and it more hits me in the gut.

Christina's POV
That was harsh, even for Dani, heck even for me.

You can tell a sister you don't need help but don't tell them they will just make it worse.

Lisa has self esteem issues without her younger sister taking emotional blows at her too.

"It's okay, Lisa." I pat her next to me.

"It's Amy, but thank you." The bubbly girl gives me an awkward hug.

Amy's POV
I love hugs. The sucky thing about lack of arm mobility, as I now call it because being paralyzed from the elbow down is lengthy, is the lack of proper hugs I can give.

"Chris?" I ask letting go of her.

"You can't let them skip school tomorrow." I slightly whisper so that no one else can hear us.

I've thought this over and they will have to go back to school and being "scaredy cats" won't help them.

"What?" Christina asks and I sigh knowing this is going to be difficult.

Katherine's POV
"We haven't had a conversation this awkward in a long time." I say noticing the tension between Dani and Lisa. I think Dani realizes what she wrote was wrong while Lisa seems in pain.

No one answers me and I sigh realizing something major.

The two, now bad, conversationalists were the glue that held our conversations together.

Lauren by keeping the mood going with her reactions.

Dani by keeping the words flowing with her energy towards any conversation.

Thanks for the comments! love_kath_ EstaticZap ATAJauregui akabpersempre poppy1202 Butterflylover25