- Chapter 41 -

- • -

"I can't believe that you're all better now. Did the doctor give you some healing magic powers or what?" Jungkook questioned as the both of you were walking straight to their home in Paris.

If only I could tell him...

"I guess... miracles do happen," You replied as you nervously let out a weak laugh and scratched the back of your head.

"Welcome back, your highness," The butler welcomed as the both of you had already entered the place, showing his usual disciplined form.

"So, where am I going to sleep then?" You questioned as he looked at you for a moment, then realized what you've meant.

"No worries, I'll just sleep in the other room. We have lots of spare rooms in this gigantic house," He replied as he showed his usual charismatic smile of his.

If he could just be like this since the beginning we met...

"I see," You replied, as hints of pink appeared on your cheeks.

"I do have to come with you to fetch my stuff though," He reminded as the both of you arrived to your destined room, him letting you enter first before him.

"____, I was just wondering..." Jungkook mentioned as the two of you were inside the room as you looked at him, waiting for his response.

"...nevermind," He said as he was quite hesitant to what he really wants to say to you.

"What is it?" You asked as you were a little annoyed by his response.

"It's nothing important," He replied as he continued his way to gather his things.

"Come on, you can tell me if something's wrong," You insisted as you were really curious to know, especially noticing his odd behavior.

"It's really not that important-"

"I know that look on your face, Jungkook" You said as you've had enough of him keeping his thoughts.

"We've been best friends.. or at least it was. So please...just spit it out," You added as you had a sad look on your face, getting tired of all the nonsense you've been handling since.

"You really want to know?" He said as he gently dropped the box of his stuff on top of your bed and looked at you seriously, the atmosphere suddenly became quiet.

...

"Hey, ____. I heard that you were finally sent home. I'm so glad that you're-" As Taehyung suddenly entered your room, his eyes widen as he witnessed you and Jungkook, lips touching each other...

...right in front of him.

With that, the both of you startled and quickly broke down the kiss, keeping a decent distance from each other when you felt Taehyung's presence, you blushing so intensely yet embarrassed at the same time.

"Brother...you actually came here?" Taehyung said, trying to sound surprised and happy but it failed miserably.

Jungkook didn't reply, as he could feel a certain feeling Taehyung has been hiding.

"It's... It's great to see you back," He added as he looked down, he looked quite hurt in your own perspective.

You could also sense his and you've wanted to ask him for a reason that it might seem to be one.

"Taehyu-"

"It's quite tiring for me tonight..." He interrupted before you could say anything.

"I'll just go ahead," He quickly said as he rushingly headed out of your room, leaving the two of you in a really awkward atmosphere.

"____..." Jungkook then looked at you worryingly as he saw you, embarrassed and all.

"Let's forget that this has ever happened."

With that, you also headed out to look for Taehyung, leaving Jungkook behind.

"Why..." Jungkook muttered as he saw you leaving with a saddened look on his face.

...

"Excuse me, but have you seen Taehyung?" You questioned to a foreign chubby middle-aged maid who seems friendly with the smile and cheery look on her face.

"Oh, he suddenly left. I heard that he's heading back to Korea today," She answered as she continued sweeping the floor.

Ah shit...

"I thought his flight is tomorrow, darling?" The maid questioned as she's trying to make sure.

"H-He must have some important things to deal with," You nervously answered as you answered truthfully but not in a specific way.

"I guess you could say that. He seems quite serious today," She wondered.

"Thanks for the help," You stated as you wanted to end the conversation to do other important things.

"No worries, dear!" She replied happily as she continued to do her duty and with that, you left the scene.

Sigh...

First, I lost my bestest friend. Second, I've been kissed all of a sudden. Finally, Taehyung just popped out of nowhere and has to see it and some how, he got pissed off and left so suddenly and now, I'm going to have to find out why.

Great... Is my day ever going to get any better?

- • -

I'm back? Well, apologies for the months I've been inactive but I just wanna let you know, I've prepared a lot of chapters on this story this time, still incomplete but still easy to manage.

I miss you all so much and thank you for reading this story and have endured patience(?) up till this day. The story will have several chapters left till its end and I hope you'll reach it ^ v ^ 감사합니다 and 안녕!❤️