- Chapter 53 -

- • -

Guess who's back, beaches?

- • -

"Mom?"

His mother just stood there in silence, who seemed a bit hesitant to utter a single word and glancing down at the side.

The atmosphere went quiet for a moment, Jungkook just remained seated there while his mind is still trying to process things that are happening right now.

"Is it really you?" He muttered in a hesitant manner.

"Let's...have a talk," his mother stated, walking towards the seat that's just across him and sat down.

"So, um. How have you been?" His mother asked awkwardly, somehow trying to start a conversation with her son.

"Am just...I'm just doing great," He replied, not making any contact with a cold expression on his face.

"Ah, I see..." She replied.

Then silence occured, which made the atmosphere quite uncomfortable for the both of them.

"Well, what is it that you call me here for?" He broke the awkwardness by questioning the main point of her coming by.

Thus, another short silence ensued.

"Ju-Jungkook..." His mother finally spoke, then paused to organize her thoughts.

"I just...wanted to say how I wanted to apologize ever since the beginning," She said along with an expression of guilt on her face.

"What about it?" Jungkook retorted, his expression still filled with no emotions.

"Well, you must have been going through a hard time so I just wanted to apologize for leaving you for so long..." His mom muttered.

"Oh, for after so many years that had passed, and those years when I needed you the most, you just now decided to come here when I no longer have to endure much?" He talked back, his tone now stern and also with a hint of little anger.

"It's not what you think, dear-"

"Is it because if you stayed, I will keep on suffering because of the situation you've caused?" He questioned, his mother was just stunned.

"Or is it only because you're too scared to face those situations and decided to run away?" He added, she could see her son's eyes filled with sadness and betrayal.

"I ran away because I don't want to cause more trouble to your father and my best friend!" She quickly responded, not wanting to cause any more ruckus.

Jungkook was shunned when he heard what his mother said.

"Best friend? What does your best friend have to do with our past?" He asked, now confused and calming down.

"She's...your father's first wife," His mother softly answered.

"But why?" He questioned again, trying to process things that are happening right now.

"It's a long and complicated story. But soon, there'll be another time for that..." His mother replied as she looked down at the table.

"What I'm trying to say is, I really want to apologize for not being there for you as what a usual good mother does..." She added as she looked at her son.

"I may not be the best mother in the whole world... but please, don't ever forget me or remove my existence in your life," She said as tears slowly started to form from her eyes.

"You're the best happiness that ever occured to me ever since you were born..." She continued, more tears began flowing out.

"When you were placed in my arms, it was like holding a huge blessing."

She stopped for a moment to wipe her tears that now blurred her vision with a tissue found in a tissue box placed on the center of the table.

"That's why seeing you being hurt by others, it breaks my heart more really..." She talked again, sniffing.

"So I tried my best to make you happy with all I could as a mother. But in the end, I ended up hurting you even more," She added while slowly looking at her son once more in the eyes.

"I'm really sorry, Jungkook. I really am-"

"No," Jungkook interrupted.

"Well, you don't need to forgive me. I really did something foolish-"

"No, mom..." He interrupted once more.

His mom then became quiet, deciding to wait for his response.

"Don't apologize," He said.

"I'm just really mad and frustrated, with all these things that I have to go through. But it doesn't compare to yours," He explained as his expression started to become more serious and with little more emotion.

"It made me frustrated that I couldn't do anything to fix our problem that this wouldn't happen in the first place in the past," He added, saddened upon remembering the past.

"So don't apologize... Mom," He ended as he looked at his mother with eyes that's filled with pain and sadness.

"Jungkook..." She uttered as she slowly stood up from her seat.

Jungkook then quickly stood from his seat and gently gave his mother a warm hug.

"I actually...missed you so much for how many years," He said as his mother was surprised.

"Me too, dear. Me too..." She replied dearly as she could later on feel her son starting to cry.

"I love you so much, Jungkook dear..." She added as she patted her son's back to comfort him.

- • -