- Chapter 51 -

Note: This chapter will contain majority of explanations of back stories, and it'll also contain long statements and flashbacks.

So, for now, there'll be not much lovey-dovey moments and only unspoken truths that are about to unfold in this time around to understand the whole story.

Thank you and enjoy!

- • -

"Best...friend?" You repeated the specific term that caught your attention, curious all of a sudden after having a bite of ramen.

"I knew this is going to be more confusing than ever for you," Mrs.Jeon muttered as she then fully sip strands of noodles that she took with her chopsticks.

"N-No. I'm just...surprised," You responded, trying to avoid a misunderstanding.

"Then, I shall proceed..." She stated, preparing herself for an explanation.

"She's...the only royalty that I've ever become true friends with."

*Flashback*

Many years ago

"Hi," Mrs.Jeon greeted cheerfully as she went towards the girl's table where she's seating at, which Mrs.Jeon began to sit in front of her with a genuine smile.

"Oh, hello..." The girl said shyly.

"No need to be shy," Mrs.Jeon said, still showing her friendly vibe.

"Name's (Mrs.Jeon's name)."

She introduced, letting out a hand for a handshake, while Taehyung's mother stared at her for a moment in surprise.

"(Taehyung's mother's name)..." She replied back, stuttering as her cheeks started tainting faint pink.

*End*

"I would sometimes encounter royalties that are, too narcissistic with themselves, some that are just plain assholes, and such. There are some that are actually nice but, doesn't have the time nor interest to continue 'unimportant' relationships..." She paused along the way, trying to remember the continuation for a moment.

"She's...really different. Once you get to know her better, she would come up to me and became truly interested in things that I've been doing, even in such the littlest of things."

She stated, happily remembering those moments.

"It feels like...that she really care about me. Like a true friend," She added, taking another bite from her ramen.

"We've been the best of friends as we hang out a lot. But as we grow older and done with college, I decided to head to Japan to find a good job. With that, it made me sad that I'd have to leave her since she's a royal that has her own duties here. But she fully understood and we said our farewells in good terms," She explained, turning a little sad again.

"After a year, I didn't get to talk nor get to have a word with her anymore, which made me really worried so I came back..." She stopped for a bit, seeming that she realized something depressing.

"But that was the time...when she had passed away."

The atmosphere then turned into awkward silence. You, already know that Taehyung's mother had passed away, decided to be silent for now, giving her time to feel a little bit better.

"I knew when I went back to my former apartment and check my mail, where I saw a fancy thin box fit for letter envelopes."

She continued.