Chapter 37

Listen to the song above when I say soo . It helps the moods .

Your pov

I've pulling at my hair for the past hour and my brain felt like it left my body to go jump into a blender .

My exposer had just released another recording and the pressure was real .

It wasn't even enough to crack my eyes thought . Not yet atleast . I would fight it and prove to the girls that I can handle it myself and come home .

I needed to .

I promised Camila , I must fulfil it . "Gah!" I yell in frustration on toss the pencil to the side , breaking the tip of it .

I buried my face into my hands and felt tears flow down my cheeks on my face . I felt my phone buzz and I see it was a notification from my Instagram . It was an account I followed who posted pictures off amazing forest locations .

It was our forest .

I kinda missed the place . I felt Briggan nipping at my arm and see he also was looking at the photo .

I guess we both miss the place I thought .

It was most definately a special place in me and Briggan's heart . We met here and made out friend-sibling ship . Where I met my brother .

Flashback

(Place the song)

I sat on the grass as I stared at the full moon with the wolf I've learned to call Briggan beside me .

The tears on my face have now dried but the pain was still there .

Its been three days since I've met the wolf and I was slowly getting used to it .

It was comforting to have atleast someone . Can I even count this wolf as a someone ?

All I could think off was that , most people say that the king of the animals is the lion but I think wolves have the most important role in the kingdom , the knights .

Just being here feels like I could live with no regrets . No rules , just me and my thoughts .

Sure I was hesitant at the idea at first but I guess this won't be so bad . He has had my back these couple days and I just hope I could be too .

All of a sudden I felt Briggan tense . In the distant I heard the sound of low growling . I fell back when the big wolf stood up , my elbows supporting me , and saw only the silhouette of our new found predator .

I cowered in fear while Briggan stood protectively in front of me .

The beast growled lowly , sending shivers down my spine while Briggan returned the same aggresiveness .

They lunged at each other and started wrestling . Briggan was being held down as he tried to bite down on the wild animal . The beast on the other hand had already sunk its teeth in Briggan's front leg .

The wolf howled in pain and something in me triggered .

Shakily , I picked up a stone and threw it at the animal . It hit his temple , not really effecting it but just angering it .

It shook its head and snapped its head to look at me . I stumbled back a bit , trying to create some distance between us .

As it was about to pounce on me Briggan came from behind and tackled it down . I needed to help . I found a sharp stick and stabbed in into the animal's hind leg causing it to roar out in pain .

I pulled the stick out and attempted to strike again . But it was quicker . It pushed Briggan off and pinned me down . I struggled underneath its grip as I felt its claws dig deeply into my forearm .

I cried out in pain and tried to break free with no avail . In an instant , the weight was lifted and my eyes shot open to see Briggan struggling against it again .

I mustered all the courage I had and stabbed the animal again . The beast roared before falling limp under Briggan's weight .

I backed up , breathing heavily and fell onto the grass .

Briggan came up to me as I struggled to stand up . I wrapped an arm around his neck as he helped me to walk . His front leg was injured causing him to limp slightly .

I stopped his movements and sat him down . I tore a bit of my clothing and wrapped it around his injured leg .

He then continued to help me walk while I smiled to myself .

Flashback

I grazed my finger over the scar on my forearm .

I still had it . It was a memory off how me and Briggan learned to be such a good duo .

Briggan licked the scar on my forearm and I giggled softly . I wiped the tears of my face and stood up before engulfing the wolf in a hug .

I sobbed into his fur while he whimpered quietly .

I got up and dried my tears once again . I felt cold . I got myself a cup of warm water and a blanket and laid on the couch .

Briggan was just watching me but I opened up the blanket and patted the space beside me . He jumped in and got comfy .

The TV was off and there was no loud noise .

Just silence , only the occasional sound of me sipping on my cup of water .

Briggan was already asleep , his eyes closed and features relaxed .

I carefully took his leg without waking him up and carassed the scar there . The spot where the wild animal had bit him .

We both share the same battle scars aye boy ? I thought .

My silver eyes staring at the wolf . It was nice and comfy . Warm and safe .

I know he has my back . He always has . And I'll have his .

I started to have flashbacks of what we have done to keep each other safe

The mountain lion that wanted to steal our meat , when Shawn and some guys beat him up and when he saved me the day they found out Shawn kidnapped me .

I smiled at the memories and stared at the wolf .

He was like the brother I never had .

I know this is short but it was just a filler . So sorry !!
-Canine🐾