XIII

I got changed quickly, throwing on a hat and green flannel scarf as Pansy huffed from her bed in the corner. She and Daphne sat in near silence as she scoffed and whined about her earrings.

I rolled my eyes as I heard my name, ignoring her as I made my way down the common room, the place bustling with people. Daphne followed close behind, her boots clicking on the steps as we descended into the bustling crowd.

I searched around the room for any other familiar face, feeling out of place with most of the boys all missing.

"Looks like P won't be coming, too mad at Goyle." Daphne says over the loud chatter.

I nod, a small smile escaping secretly happy that I won't have to deal with Pansy at the game this afternoon.

"So quidditch is like a really big deal here, huh?" I ask Daphne.

The common room was a sea of green and silver: hats, banners, flags and shirts. The students chanting and huddling together as if we were already witnessing the game.

She laughs, "You could say that. Was it not at Ilvermorny?"

I shrug, "I actually don't know, I never really went to games before."

After a few minutes of crooning, they all began to leave together, Daphne and i in tow. We followed the crowd down the long journey to the quidditch pitch, the singing continuing the entire way.

We take our place in the stands and watch as the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams take the field, whipping around the audience to a sea of screams and cheers.

The students erupt to their feet, even Daphne jumping and clapping as the whole team appears in the air before us.

I notice Blaise first, his fist pumping as he whizzes past the stands. Crabbe and Goyle follow close behind, their broom right on Zabini's tail, while Marcus Flint rounds out the bunch.

Draco, on the other hand, hangs around the back, floating lazily as he waits for the game to begin.

"Don't they all look so cool?" Daphne asks, cheering as they land on the grass.

"Sure," I say, my focus darting between Blaise and Draco, unsure of who I want to keep my eyes on.

After a moment, they shake hands with the Gryffindor team, remount their broomsticks, and huddle up one last time. With a loud whistle, the match sets off right and the teams go flying.

The energy is high as the rival teams win point after point, the scoreboard flipping back forth.

I watch carefully as Draco effortlessly weaves between the players so fast I wouldn't even be able to see him without his white hair.

I cheer with the Daphne as Blaise makes another goal, the score tipping in our favor. The stands shake as everyone jumps and hoots, Gryffindor's side sneering at us angering.

Blaise flies to the crowd, scanning over everyone until he meets my eyes, his finger pointing to me. He smiles smugly as I see him mouth the words, "Lucky Charm."

Daphne smirks and grabs me by the shoulders, "What was that?!"

"The other night, he said I was his lucky charm." I shrug, unable to erase the smile forming.

Her mouth falls open in excitement as the other girls around us glare. I swear I hear his laugh over the yelling as he jets off to rejoin the game, my cheeks burning red.

My ears perk up when I hear someone behind me say, "Who the hell even is that?"

"She's the new girl, the American..." Another shrill voice chimes in.