Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Underwater

I swallowed giving my self another once over before I made my way downstairs to answer the door. I looked at my  red curls that spilled over my shoulders, bouncy and maybe still a tad frizzy. I swiped my hand over them and smacked my glossed lips. It tasted like M&M's. I swiped a tissue off my dresser and rubbed at my lips before flattening my hand over the floral summer dress I was wearing. I  tossed the tissue in the trash about to leave when I realized I almost left without shoes. "Shoot." I muttered grabbing my sandals and  slipping them on I padded down the stairs.

At the end of the stairs stood  Simone, although the name  sounded dorky as heck, he was quite cute. He had a dimpled smile and his skin was slightly tan. He waved up at me and wiped at his glasses doing a double take at me. I looked to the wall trying to hide my flushed cheeks. I turned again meeting his gaze.  "You look great." Simone said scratching the back of his neck. I  smiled looking to Simone, He had a tee that hugged his abs and a slight hint of muscles showed when he moved his arm.   A pair of black pants were accompanied by his red shirt and dress shoes. He combed back his Blonde hair and my attention was brought back. "You cleaned up nicely too." I said hoping I didn't sound to lame. I looked at him sideways for a second. "  Wait, how did you get in?"  Before Simone could respond my dad popped his head in from the foyer. " That would be your mother." He said scratching his beard. " I told her not to." he said smiling and shaking his head. " I didn't want to leave the company outside and think  Hope had forgotten about him!" My mom snapped back with her hands on her hips as she emerged with flour in her hair and an apron loosely tied around her neck. My father pecked my moms cheek. "I was teasing." He reminded her as she rambled on walking after him. I snorted walking down the stairs to stand by Simone.

Simone raised an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes as he  opened the door for me.  " Have a good time." My dad shouted.  My mom cut in with a " Yeah" before we exited.

After a thirty minute drive we arrived at a deserted beach. It was 6:30 and the sun was slowly starting to set. I got out of Simone's  impala following after him. I looked around walking ahead of him, seeing it was empty.

I turned swiping the wind from my face as Simone offered me his hand. I looked at it reluctantly. " I thought we were going to Olives." I asked referring to the restaurant he had told me we were going to.

Simone smiled. "I just thought maybe we could do something special before he went, walk around, watch the sun set, what better way to start a date."  

I nodded inhaling, he was only trying to be nice I had nothing to be worried about... Right?

I took Simones hand and we walked to the water. His hand in mine sent sudden chills down my spine. I smiled at me awkwardly swiping hair from my face. Simone  walked us over to the water. He looked at me with a playful look before letting go of my hand and dashing into shoulder deep water. I laughed running after him. What was shoulder deep for him was I can't touch the bottom for me. I  wrapped my arms around his neck so that I was meeting his gaze. Simone grinned at me locking his lips with mine. They were warm and I closed my eyes as the salty kiss  disapated. Simone let go and I looked around realizing we had drifted further out. I latched my arms tighter around him as a wave knocked over us.

I gargled on water and was swept under the wave.  I  still had my arms around Simone he grabbed my shoulder. I expected him to help me up but he just held me there. For a moment I thought he was going to change his mind but as I began to fight and claw at his  grip tightened like steele. My eyes burned as I closed them and my head grew heavy. I  dug my nails into Simone with a last boost of effort. He let go of me suddenly right before everything went black.