Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Barriers Broken

My mother pulled away and instantly Asherd was beside me. I suddenly understood why they considered him their leader. It basically seeped through the air around him. Asherd wrapped his arms around me wings still extended power radiating around him. "All if you back to the base. Meet in the conference hall. I want a meeting and I want to know how the hell, Simone and his followers breached our barrier. Like Soldiers standing attentively, they pivoted, nodding and disappearing into the forest. I laid against Asherd, a warm feeling filling me. I blinked trying to keep my eyes open. Asherd held me tighter as my parents neared. "I will take care of her. Can you check the perimeter." I heard a heavy sigh. "Yes, Asherd." My father spoke. I jolted in Asherds grip, as he pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I'll be back sweetheart." I nodded to my dad trying to calm my racing heart. My eyes burned with the need for sleep and as my mom placed a hand on my arm, my eyes fluttered shut and I could no longer fight the urge to sleep.

I could hear faint voices when I came to, it sounded like yelling. "How did someone get through here?!" Asherd boomed as varied voices responded. They were far away from wherever I was but it was loud:.
"I don't know, sir."
"Sir we just checked the perimeters this morning."
"Simone is powerful."
At the last statement I was awoken as  I heard a loud booming sound.  "I am your leader. Do you think I am not powerful?! I have kept us safe for centuries." I heard the one who had spoken about Simone cut off by Asherd. "Enough. A lot has gone on today. Find the problem and solve. Or else the perimeters won't be your only problem, Cal."

I took the time as the argument ended to asses my surroundings. My body aches as I turned to look around me. I was in a dimly lit room. It was huge, like something a king would own. Velvet blankets were laid carefully over me and my clothing was changed into a light flowly dress, for which I was grateful. It didn't stick to my wounds. Moving my arm I hissed a strange feeling filling me and as I looked down I saw that an IV was pumping fluids into me. On the wooden  bedside table was a white ceramic bowl filled with water and a rag hanging over the side. There was also a pitcher of water. At this my throat cried out to me. I reached for it grunting in pain before the door opened and I jumped as Asherd walked in. "You should be asleep." He said looking at me tiredly. I retracted my hand. " I woke up." I said but my voice barely came out.
Asherd walked to the nightstand filling a cup up with water and holding it up to my lips at the sight of my shaky hands. I gulped the water greedily down and Asherd took the cup refilling it and setting it down on the nightstand. "What you did was reckless." Asherd said looking to me and sighing.
I fiddled with my hands, looking at them like they were the most interesting thing in the world. " You put everyone in danger, Hope." I felt tears prick my eyes. "I'm sorry." I mummered. Asherd nodded and grabbed the rag from the bowl, sitting on the edge of the bed. He placed it on my hand were some dried blood still was. We were both silent. He was gentle softly brushing the blood off my hand. After he felt my hands were clean enough he placed the rag down. He stood and placed his hands in his pockets and gazed through the small crack of the curtains were a ray of sunshine shone through. "We are currently at at my house." He said looking to me for my reaction. I gaped at him looking around the room before shutting my mouth and nodding. "I will have food brought up for you." He said running a hand through his messy dark hair. His blue eyes piercing my green ones. He turned and began making his way to the door before I cut him off. "How's the wing?" I asked. Asherd turned his head barely away from the door. "Fine." He said before walking out of the door and softly closing it. I looked at the door and I felt tears prick my eyes. I could feel how unhappy he was with me. And to be honest so was I. I was mad at myself for everything that had happened too. But it was too late. After awhile food was brought up to me and shortly after I made my way to the window and pulled apart the curtains, sitting in the bay window. The warm sun hitting me. I pressed on the glass of the window after unlatching it and in swept fall air.  Whilst I sat there, my food growing cold, a knock sounded at the door. "Come in." I said softly and in walked my mother. Her fiery red hair like mine pulled into a high ponytail, blonde strips framing her pale heart shaped face. Her brown eyes looked at me softly and she shut the door and made her way over to me. "Oh love, I'm so happy that you found your special." I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Does everyone have one or something?" I muttered. She chuckled softly. " Honey anyone who is a part of a warrior bloodline or a fallen who is chosen by the higher up, gets one."
"Higher up?"
"God."