Chapter 46

Chapter 46- Sacrifice

Ashered's POV:

"She's seizing." Amy cried rolling Hope onto her side. Ashered watched with horror as the love of his life began to die in his arms. Her body was thrashing, her wedding dress red. Amy rolled her to her side and in his moment of weakness Simone had pulled Opal up and held a blade to her neck.
Ashered gritted his teeth angrily. He stood up a warrior who was beyond anger. His fist were clenched and he knew he had to help Opal while Amy had Hope. "Let her go." Simone scoffed. "No. I know you care for her and Hope." Simone said motioning the blade to the girl who still lied body thrusting about on the ground. Ashered tightened his grip on his blade his thirst for blood growing.
"You sick fuck." He spat before restraining his words when Simone pressed the blade deeper into her throat. Opal looked at Simone gaze unwavering. "You can still save her and kill him." She said.
Simone dug the blade deeper into her skin and Ashered watched awestruck as Opal grabbed hold of the blade threatening her life and took it herself. Her body dropped like a bag of bricks and before Ashered could react to his fallen comrade, guards of Simone showed none other than Nova guiding them. She looked at Hope on the ground happily. Simone swiped the blade on his shirt. "I wasn't expecting that." He admitted coming closer to Ashered. The light fallen bared his teeth at him but Simone scoffed grabbing the tip of Asherds blade he lowered it. "I knew you would come for her." He said soothingly. Ashered stiffened. "I am fine if she dies." He shrugged. "But I could spare her life, help her not to die if you give me what I want." Ashered already knew what he had to do.
Bitterly Ashered let go of Hope and let Amy hold the girl up.
She brushed back her hair and held her jaw to the side so that she didn't choke.
Ashered peeled off his shirt, showcasing his majestic wings, chiseled muscles prominently in view.
He just as quickly pulled them back in and pulled his black tee back over himself.
"You won't get anything unless you heal her."
Simone snorted. "Fine by me I would love for my wife to see you be skinned alive."
Ashered gritted his teeth at him.
Simone smirked and watched as Ashered willing handed himself over to the guards. " I had an herbal remedy already brewed for her."
Ashered stood tall as the guards grabbed ahold of him and held him back.
Nova walked forward producing a bottle of liquid.
Simone nodded in thanks moving to Hope. Opal defensively blocked her body sneering.
Simone looked to Ashered unenthusiastic. "The clock is ticking you should get your Ruffian to move or Hope may just die."
Ashered nodded to Opal and reluctantly she moved away.
Amy stood up and clutched Opals arm in anticipation.
Simone bent down taking Hope he pulled her into his lap, the bright sun beating down on her pale skin, her fiery locks reflecting the sun. She had stilled and Simone ever so gently placed the bottle to her lips dunking it in her throat.
There was a silent moment. The air whisked by, the birds chirped and Hope didn't wake. Simone looked up and a flash of panic passed his features as he met Nova.

The girls expression was uncertain and Simone wrapped Hope into a cradle hold pulling her into him. Ashered growled. Simone snapped his attention to him. "I can hold her." He said shrugging off the guards arms. Simone eyed him. "Why would I let you do that?" Asherd scoffed. "You know nothing of the bond of specials. With me closer I can help to speed up the process of healing."
"She's my wife."
"Through force." Asherd countered.
Simone let her limp body slide into Asherds hold and he cradled her body protectively.

"There is something else I want in return for my wings."

Simone scoffed. "You are in no place to demand."

Ashered shook his head. "Yes I am. You want my wings and you and I both know I could easily take out your guards and you but you know I won't because of Hope."

Simone nodded at this confession. "Fine what is it?'

"I want you to let Hope go, agree to an annulment and let her go."

Simone shook his head. "You couldn't possibly expect me to honor such a thing."

Ashered looked down at Hope, her body cold to the touch.  "I won't fight when you take my wings." 

Simons gaze snapped to Ashered, amazement in his eyes. "Really?"

Ashered swallowed. "I swear it."

Asherd looked back down at Opal and held in his shock at the lack of his second. She was nowhere to be found. Ashered's eyes caught a shadow of a cloaked figure disappear into the shadows of the day.

Ashered looked up at the clouds, they darkened in anticipation of what was to come. 

"Let us begin, shall we."