Chapter 9

Chapter 9- Shoulder Snaps

In the morning, one of the girls, Amy who happened to not want to kill me, aided me in cleaning my wounds and gave me some advil. I sat on the bed now in shorts and one of Asherds shirt that smelled strongly of mint. I shivered at how amazing the scent was. I was taking a bite into the cupcake that Amy had brought me when the door opened. Asherds walked in dripping in sweat. I cocked my head to the side looking at him questioningly. He chuckled. "Training." He said walking toward me and swiping frosting off my nose. I blushed looking away while he laughed walkig into the bathroom and turning on ths shower. I shoveled the rest of the cupcake in my mouth before I was sitting with a cupcake wrapper and hand contemplatimg everything that had happened recently.

I was so deep in thought I nearly backhanded Asherd when he sat next to me on the bed. He caught my wrist and I stared at him wide eyed. "Sorry." I squeaked my face burning red again.
Asherd took a moment before speaking, calculating eyes looking at mine. "What is it?" He asked. I sighed pulling my hand from his grip.
"Where are my parents. Did they know I was your 'special'?" Asherd sighed running a hand through his hair. "They are at their home. They know that you are safe. They don't know that you are my special, no."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would they let me go with you?" Asherd shrugged. "They saw Simone and knew he was bad. I talked with them." I nodded still slightly confused. "So do I stay here now...?" Asherd smiled. "If you wish too. Yes or we can find somewhere close by."

I swallowed. "What do I do now that I am here?"
"Well we cohld start with self defense so that there isn't another Nova incident." I scratched at my brusied cheek nodding. "But it will take another day or so before you can begin to learn some minor defense techniques.

I nearly jumped with joy at the thought of being able to defend myself.
"Okay." I said practically bouncing.

After our convo, I went downstairs and sat with Amy. She had a sketchbook propped up on her knees and a cup of steaming tea. "Nice work." I said leaning over and admiring the wooden scene she was drawing. She smiled before she stilled and her hands began to work at her own volition. She ripped out the drawing she was currently doing and began scribbling words frantically. Simone has your parents. On the road you will find him. Dont leave.

I was frozen in my steps before Amy fell off the couch onto the floor coughing blood. "Don't do it." She wheezed. But it was too late. I swiped the keys from the coffee table and sprinted outside. I clicked the clicker hissing in pain as a black suv sounded. I was running like a mad man as the doors flew open to Amy running after me. She was dripping in blood as I started the engine and went soaring into drive, spinning around to speed down the road. Simone was not going to kill the people I loved. I turned my head as a thud sounded and as I slammed on the brakes Amy went flying off the roof, oreo colored wings extended. Her eyes were purple staring at me pleadingly. She looked hurt....but my parents. I shook my head pulling into reverse before following a side dirt road speeding down it until an empty ashphalt road came into view. I had barely made onto the road when Simone was before me.
I slammed on the brakes, my head jolting back to which I groaned.
I opened the door and slammed it standing defensively in front of him. "Where are they?" I bit out.
Simone was smirking, green eyes glinting. He brushed back his blonde hair and pulled a knife from his pocket, or should I say sword.
I backed away quickly realizing this was a bad idea.
He tsked. " Silly girl." I felt cold at his sickeningly calm tone. "You shouldn't run to far from your fallen lover." He hissed. I backed up and pulled at the car door mentally punching myself as I looked at the keys in the igniton and the lock pressed down. I banged on the window as Simone slowly approached me. His laughing like a evil goodbye song. "Dammit." I snapped hurryimg to the trunk and thanking the stars when it opened. I jumped in and pulled it shut barely in time ad thd sword went through the glass window. I gasped scrambling over the seats. A hand grasped my ankle pulling me over the seat and broken glass. I cried out kicking at him before finally making it to the seat. Simone growled in annoyance while I sat there catching my breath. The door was ripped open and Simone grabbed a hold of my long brown hair. Dragging me oit aggressively and throwing me onto the asphalt. "I don't have your parents. They are safe at home." He said tauntingly. I felt a tear slip down my face. "This was a trap." I whispered. Simone cackled. "Oh, yes. My love." I felt a sob escape my lips. I didn't bother to cover it my hands pulling at my weak body to scoot across the road to safety. Simone laughed grasping my shoulder, my hurt shoulder. "Hmm, she did well." He laughed as I heard the crunching of the bones. "You really should listen to thay boy of yours."
"Yeah well sometimes not everyone listens." A voice said before a sword like Simones went through his shoulder. He cried out in pain as I lay on the ground, dots clouding my vision. "Asherd?" I mumbled. I blinked again trying to get a better look at my savior. That voice was so familiar. "Mom?" I asked confused as my mother stood before me placing her sword into her sheath. "Hold on baby. He's almost here." My father cooed appearing at my side and holding my hand gently. With confusion stirring in me I passed out into a liquidy darkness that made me feel like the pain was floating away.