Chapter 44

Chapter 44- Dressing the Bride

I skimmed over my appearance in the mirror and if it hadn't been for the situation I would have been thrilled to look so gorgeous.
Nova had moved me to another room beside us so that no blood got on the dress.
It was a creamy white with spaghetti straps and a long veil that traveled behind me. The dress stopped right above my ankles and the veil and bottom of the dress were imbedded with sparkling sequins. I brushed my hands over my red hair.
My hair was pulled back into a fishtail braid, baby curls framing my face. Nova had kept the makeup mostly simple aside from a statement red lip. I wore blush, mascara and brow gel.
Nova looked at me through the mirror, her lip pursed. Her soft brown skin crinkling as she assessed her work.
She pulled my wrist up and looked at the bracelet that Alaric had given me. I swallowed at her. "This doesn't go." She said frowning at me. Her hand went for the clasp but I snatched it away from her. "It had sentimental value." I snapped.
Nova rolled her eyes and I felt annoyance flit through me at her attempt to take something that was given to me. "Touch me again and I will kill you." I spat.
Nova scoffed. "Your vampirism is giving you some false confidence my dove." She said sarcastically.
I sneered at her and she grabbed hold of wrist so tightly I felt as though it would snap in half. I slapped her hand away, hissing, baring my fangs at her.
Before she had time to react the door was opened and it was Simone. "Stop toying with my bride, Nova. Now leave." The wretch opened her mouth to speak but Simone silenced her without a word. She dipped her head at him. "Sorry My lord." She said before making her leave.
I snorted. "My lord?" I asked incredulously.
Nova barred her teeth at me. "Don't speak that way to him." Simone shot out his hand as she turned back around. "I said leave." He barked and this time she obeyed, her head hung in shame.
I crossed my arms over my chest and examined the man who I prayed I would not have to actually marry.
Simone nodded approvingly at the dress and I rolled my tongue across my teeth. " I thought it was bad luck to see the bride." I commented casually."
Simone nodded slipping on his suit jacket.
He stalked toward me and I took a hesitant step backwards, the heel of my shoe knocking against the wall nearly causing me to trip.

He placed both hands on either side of the wall and trapped me within his arms.
I stiffened, he was close enough where I could smell his cologne. I didn't like that it lacked the earthy calm smell that I liked.

His dark grey eyes bore into mine, simmering with a desire that I did not find comforting seeing as I was alone in the room with him and even if I tried to escape everyone was under his command.
"You look ravishing, Hope." I felt sick to hear his name roll of his tongue.
He leaned forward, his breath fanning my cheek before he gently but on my ear.
I tensed and he pulled away looking at my reaction. He smirked grabbing my chin.
My nails dig into the wall, scratching against the wall as I tried desperately not to claw him. I did not like his touch and I wanted nothing more than to scratch his eyes out.
He eyed my hands and grabbed one of them.
I curled my nails into a fist which be forcefully pried open.
"You will learn to like it with time." He said his voice hoarse with lust.
I began to shake in fear as he examined the flesh of my palm that not to long who had been pierced by Novas heel. He ran his fingers gently over the still sensitive skin.
His eyes met mine and I wished I could cower away from the intensity of his gaze.
"You don't have to be afraid." He said and I fought the urge to laugh.
But I was too shocked by the sincerity of his tone.
He pulled away form me and I watched as his muscles flexed and he cleared his throat. "Your father will be walking you down the isle." I barely registered what he said still flabbergasted that I had seen a glimpse of truth maybe even kindness in Simone. I felt like the Weight of being a vampire was dirtying my soul because in that moment all I thought to myself was that I could use what he felt for me to my advantage.