Chapter 42

Chapter 42- Letting Go of You

I took in a gulp of air as Nova ran the tip of the blade across my chest. "As much as I want to hurt you more I know that this is punishment enough. To watch you wed a man who despises the one you love." I could feel my body begin to way at what she was about to say next. "It will be so plesurable for me to watch you dressed so beautifully, walked down the isle and handed to Simone, Ashered there to witness it."

A chill crept through me. Nova laughed at the look on my face. "You thought he wouldn't come?" Nova scoffed. "Its the perfect trap." She whispered before leaving me to lie on the floor. "I will have someone sent in to help you wash up."

I held my bleeding palm up to my chest and didn't say in anything in response too her.

I pulled myself up from the floor, steadying myself with the palm that hadn't been stabbed straight through.
The world spun slightly and I blinked away the fuzziness taking in the room. The bed was a dark velvety burgundy. There was a nightstand and wardrobe that were both oak and stained too almost black.
There were curtains around the bed that were black and the were drawn back. There was a towel and a set of lacy white undergarments. I wanted to vomit.
I could tell this was Simones room and if I wasn't able to escape I would likely be bedding the devil himself tonight.
I didn't turn as the door opened and the sound of footsteps hitting the wooden floor echoed softly.
I sat down on the bed, clutching my hand in my lap.
The person I saw had me jumping up from the bed.
"Fallon?" I asked.
He took of the mask covering half of his face and pulled it down to reveal his chiseled jaw, a soft smile playing on his lips. He swallowed at the sight of my hand and I watched as anger filled his eyes.
He walked toward me and snatched my hand into his examining. I bit back a hiss of pain and the tension in my body lessened with his touch.
The sparks of the soulmate bond lessened the pain.
Fallon looked at my mouth and somehow I knew he knew. "I can smell that you've changed." For some reason a flash of shame filled me: "I'm sorry I know I should have listened to Alaric." Fallon shook his head at this whether it was in agreement or disagreement I couldn't tell.
He sighed. "You have to drink blood or you'll die."
I grinned my teeth together and shook my head. "I can't."
Fallon placed both of his hands over mine and looked into my eyes. "There is still hope for you as long as you complete the bond with someone." At this Fallon pulled his hands away from mine and he pulled his wrist to his mouth and bit into it before handing his wrist to me.

My jaw was slack as I watched this. "You're joking." I said barely keeping my voice from shaking.
Fallon only looked at me in response.
I swallowed nervously and he placed his wrist up higher.
When I didn't make a move toward him he grabbed the back of my neck gently, guiding me to his exposed flesh.
I closed my eyes in anticipation. As soon as my lips met his blood a soft moan escaped my mouth. I grasped onto his arm, unintentionally pulling him closer to me. I could taste the crimson heaven fill me and I wrapped my bloody, wounded hand around his shirt as the euphoric feeling coerced through me. I felt as the palm of my hand stiched itself back.
I didn't want to let go as Fallon softly pushed on my chest.
I felt my nails dig into his wrist greedily but be pried my hand off, wrapping one arm around to keep in my place, the other holding my wrist in his between our chests. I panted and felt lust pool within me. I would do anything for another taste. I could see my swirling eyes reflect on his desire filled ones. I smirked at him dragging my hand across his chest. "What would I need to do for another taste." I purred softly into his ear. Fallons hands tightened around me and I saw his jaw clench before he pushed me away.
I felt the hiss of annoyance leave me before I had a chance to stop it.
"I need more." I snapped. Fallon still had his hold on me keeping me at a distance.
"Hope you are not mine to have, stop." He spoke sternly.
Anger erupted in the form of a growl before I dug my nails deeper into him. He was unfazed looking at me stoically.
"What does that mean?" I bit out yanking my hand from his.
His eyes were pained. "I know you love Ashered."
I froze and I felt a flush run through my body. It was like in that moment hearing it from someone else made me realize it.
I scoffed preparing myself to deny it but Fallon let go and took a step forward. "Hope he loves you and you feel the same. Maybe if I had found you sooner it would be me but it isn't I can see it in your eyes."
"I'm sorry. " Was all I could manage to say.

Fallon smiled sadly and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Me too. I wish it was me but it's not." I could hear the pain in his voice and my eyes began to water.
He began to move away but I stopped him and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. His body tensed and I knew he was restraining himself from reacting to the bond the creator had given me with him along with others.
"We are going to get you out of this." He vowed. I nodded and he wrapped his face back in a mask giving me one last look before he left the room.

I touched my fingers to my lips and closed them as I let a sigh leave me. I knew who I would be completing the bond with and it wasn't going to be Simone. I would do whatever I could to make sure of that.