Chapter 19

Chapter 19- Head throbs and tight ropes

My head was pounding so loudly. I rolled over where I was laying down and pressed my hand to the back of my head, blood coated my fingertips.
I heard a snicker of a high pitched voice and I blinked adjusting my eyes to my dim surroundings. I was in a small cell, the ground made of dirt. I was lying on the ground, the only object occupying the space. Metal bars separated me from Nova.

Asherds p.o.v
A/n finally his view😘
Asherd stood fuming in a hotel not to far from where Hope had been taken. His eyes were golden with rage and his hands dug into a chair which he stood beside and gripped. "I'm going to kill them." He growled grasping the chair so hard that the wood snapped. He hissed viciously taking the remainder of the chair and chunking it at the wall, leaving a chair sized dent and pieces of wood littering the dingy motel. Killian stood beside him his hand resting on his sword, two others beside him. A blonde guard whose hair was swept into a ponytail, his lips set into a thin line. "Mason, scout out the area for anything that looks unusual." Asherd said clenching his fist. Mason nodded and, the brown haired guard whose hair was sticking up wildly, Harrison nodded stiffly and followed Mason. Killian glanced over to where Amy lay down, face still pale, her head wrapped in gauze, Opal moving aside her hair to dab away some excess blood, her eyes were fluttering open and shut. "We will find them, mark my words." Killian said walking over to Amy and kissing her hand gently. "Stay here with Amy, please." He asked Opal who's blue eyes met his as she nodded. "You saw them head east right? In a black pickup?" Killian asked. Opal nodded affirming this. "Yes, Nova and Simone were both with her. Asherd growled and threw his fist at the wall. "How the fuck did this happen?" We were supposed to be at a safe house with the rest of the light fallen!. How in the hell did they find out where we are?" Amy paled her eyes glossing over in realization. Killian grabbed her hand kneeling beside her. "What is it baby?" Amy looked at him and horror and turned to Asherd her face paling. "We didn't rid ourselves of all the moles. There's another." Opals eyes widened and she gritted her teeth. "Another mole. I'm about to kick some ass." She spat going to stand up and make her way to the door but Asherd stopped her. "Please Opal." Opal looked at him enraged. "They took away my special, murdered him because of a mole who I now know to be Nova and some how they smuggled another one and they are trying to kill our leader, your special!" Asherds eyes darkened. "You think I don't know what she did? I have watched people die because of moles and I will kill her for what she has done." Opal flinched. "I'm sorry, sir." She mumbled backing away. Killian placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze before letting it fall to his side.

"No, we have all experienced loss, it's a stressful time. Take care of Opal, if we are not back by daybreak go to the safe house." Opal nodded and soon enough she was locking the door as the both of them left into the early evening. Opal watched the sun set and prayed that Hope was okay.

Hopes p.o.v
I leaned onto the dirt floor and vomited up the blood that was filling my throat while Nova laughed maniacally and drove another kick to my side. My ears rung and I gasped in pain clutching my stomach. I felt nauseous and everything ached. I laid my hand aside defeated. "Why?" I asked in a raspy voice tears slipping down my cheek and mixing with the blood that dripped from my busted lip. Nova smiled before slamming her steel toed boot on my hand. I hissed in pain and she leaned forward, long hair framing her beautiful, flawless, vile face. She smiled wickedly. "Because, princess you are not like us. You won't lead us I don't care if you are Asherds or Simone's special. You will not rule our people." I blinked. "I'm not going to lead anyone." I said incredulously. Nova growled and slammed her boot down on my wrist and I screamed as my wrist snapped. Nova glowered at me. "You are destined to be because you're his special." I try desperately to blink back tears. "Why didn't you take Asherd?" I asked glancing out into the darkness of the cell, only a dim light visible to illuminate Novas face. "Because I wanted to have some fun first and make him beg for your life. Which won't last for much longer."