Chapter 27

Chapter 27- The First Love

I swallowed and placed a hand over my chest in an effort to stop the beating of my heart. I couldn't form any words as I looked at the dark wings that peaked from the backside of his shirt. I took a step backwards, stumbling and grabbed onto the doorknob.

Ashered looked at me with a haunted expression. "Hope..." He whispered quietly taking a step toward me. I shook my head at him, opening the door. I was shaking. I raised a hand to stop him and then placed it to my mouth to muffle a sob.

Ashered just looked at me, watching as I pulled the door open and left. I stumbled blindly through the hallway, unsure of where I was going. I knew I was a couple of stories off the ground and that was all.

I grasped onto the side of the red walls and opened a stairwell door I came across. I looked up at the ever ascending set of stairs and down to the ones that seemed endless. I was so lost. Ashered had killed the human girl he had fallen for. Who was to say that I wouldn't be next when it came between him and the things that he wanted. I felt nauseous as I grabbed onto the railing and sprinted up the stairs. I couldn't tell how many steps I was taking, let alone floors. I was sweating, panting by the time I reached the end and there was a white door that led somewhere. I huffed out a breath wiping my forehead and opened it. I was on the rooftop of the hotel.

It was surrounded by a glass, wall and ceiling. The ceiling was black, blocking the sunlight while the walls were transparent. I panted as I assessed my surroundings. There was a bar and a woman who sat a piano playing music. It was soothing and I immeditately sucked in a breath and walked toward the bar. There were small tables and silk chairs. The smell of candles burning filling my nostrils.

I waved down the bartender. He raised a brow at me, curiously. "Are you not the special everyone has been talking about?" I simply looked at him, mouth agape, unsure what to say. He nodded at me in understanding, taking a glass and poured me a shot. He slid it across to me and I eyed it for a moment, grasping onto the cool glass. I had never drank but with everything that had happened today it didn't seem like that big of a deal. The sun showed to me that it was evening and by the time the sky was pink I had told my life story to the bartender and a man sat beside me.

He was well dressed. He wore a dark red button up, slacks and polished shoes. His hair was an ashy brown and he asked the bartender, Nathan for two waters. I looked at him, laughing sloppily. "Why do you want two waters, you're only one person?" I drawled, laughing. He glanced at me with deep green eyes and smiled softly. He slid me the water. "You should take it, I think that you have drank enough; don't you think?" I pursed my lips and pushed it back to him. I was sure that any given moment I would hurl again, like I had done twenty minutes ago. I shook my head. "I'm fine." I shrugged. "Hey Natey, another scotch and maybe pour some coke in it." I suggested with a snort.

The man looked at me took a sip of his water before turning and looking at Nathan. "Give her the drink and I will have you fired." He snapped. Nathans eyes widened and he took it upon himself to drink it.

I glanced at the guy beside me. "Who the hell are you?" I growled.

The man stood up from his chair and I blinked in my drunken daze at his speed and agility. He looked to Nathan. " Have water and advil sent to her room." He ordered.

I snorted. "I don't have a room." I said grabbing onto the water. I shoved it across the bar and sent it crashing into the ground. "Come on, Hope you need to rest." I paused in my tracks, pulling myself up dizzily from the chair. "I never told you my name." I said trying to hide the crack of fear in my voice. The piano music continued almost like an attempt to soothe my evergrowing fear.

The man sighed. "Everyone knows you."
I took a step backwards and nearly sent myself to the marble floor before the man caught me. I gasped as I felt tingles shoot through my arms. I felt my mouth go dry and my body hum as he wrapped an arm around me. "I'm taking you to your room." I blinked, confused.

After a moment or two of stumbling, he lifted me up and the warm feeling flooded throughout my core. I dug my nails into his shoulder trying not to panic. In millisecond's I was lying in a plush bed, barely able to take in my surroundings in my drunken state. "You're one of them." I slurred. He looked at me with an indescribable expression. I reached for him, pulling on his sleeve before he could go. "What is your name?" I whispered.

"Fallon."