Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Swords that make him bleed

"Hopie. Stay with me honey, he's almost here." My mom said as I felt myself being placed in my fathers lap. I tried to nod but the pain was excruciating. I heard my mom tell someone to go after Simone. My eyes opened fuzzily to see a figure running towards us. I began hyperventilating until I realized it was Asherd. I felt tears prick my eyes and pain fill ne as I reached for him. Asherd turned to my parents. "Lilly, David go after Simone. Make sure everyone is accounted for."

"I need you too stay with me." Asherd mummered pulling me into his arms. I cried out in pain and Asherd gently shushed me, standing up with my beaten down body. I clutched onto his side before his muscualr arms gracefully swept me into his arms. "Hope, love, stay with me." I could hear the worry in his voice as my head rested on his chest. The heaviness was threatning to fill me again as a cool gust of air brushed against me. I opened my eyes and would have tumbled out of his arms if it hadnt been for his steele grip. My body was dangling from his arms as the ground became far away.
His arms held me tight and my face was pressed into his chest. I felt like it had only been seconds before we were descending again.
I grasped into him as he tumbled to the ground. He shielded my frame with his wings, hissing in pain. I blinked my vision slightly cleared to see his right wing dripping in blood as he opened the back up. He placed me aside gently standing up and growling angrily. "Simone." He spat standing in front of me and blocking my view of Simone. I clutched my side and watched, my head throbbing as Asherd closed his wings and only a slight grunt gave away his pain. "You are not taking her." He bit out.  He looked to me and licked his lips. "We shall see about that. He said lunging forward. Asherd held him back but not before his nails dug viciously into my arm. I cried out scurrying back as Simone dove his fist toward Asherds face. Asherd strategically blocked him and hit his hand, wrist cracking before diving his fist into his chest. Simone flew backwards into a tree, the sound booming in the Forrest. I squinted my eyes shut in pain and prayed this would all end soon.
I was so focused on the sound of the fighting that I was startled when a hand grasped mine aggressively and began dragging me away. I cried out kicking and pulling, only making things worse. Asherd distracted by me was hit my Simone. A side kick to his ribs and a fist across his cheek bone. He whipped around rage in his eyes as he aggressively pummeled Simone into the ground before barreling toward me. The man who was holding me slightly let go of me in fear.  When the man saw that Asherd wasn't going to stop coming for me, he dropped me like a sack of potatoes. I hit the ground hard as he added force to his move and went running into the woods behind me.  Asherd stopped in front of me, glowering at the mans escaping figure. From behind him I saw Simone take his chance to escape, bloodied and barely able to stand. "I'll be back." He snapped softly before his magnificent black wings were extended, dried blood clinging to the feathers as he grasped onto a branch and swung himself on top. His muscles tensed in anger as he scoured the land for the man. And suddenly he was off and almost a moment later, there was a scream of tear and a loud snap.
By this point I was beyond overwhelmed. My heart was pumping maniacally in my chest. I began to hyperventilate, terror coursing through me as the leaves crunched to my right and it sounded like a horde of people were barreling our way. When Asherds fallen warriors appeared I barely noticed which side they were on until my father and mother stood before them. My mother was dressed in black pants, a black t-shirt that hung over her body and strapped to her waist was a sword. Her hair was in a messy ponytail. Her eyes staring at mine in dismay. Her boots that were black as night and housed small blades came my way throwing her arms around me. "It's okay, honey we're here." I grunted and my mom pulled away looking at me. "Sorry honey." She said eyeing my wounds. My dad walked forward to kneeling beside me. I stared bewildered at my now warrior parents dressed in black. "What the hell is going on?" I said looking between them. " we're warriors for the fallen. For Asherd." I gaped at them, my parents who bake cookies and watch romance movies in matching pjs were warriors. I kept staring at them before my attention was pulled away to my apparent deviously charming lover, descending, gracefully. Like a dark night. My dark night who led my warrior parents...