Chapter 31

Chapter 31- The Dress

I rubbed at the side of my arms awkwardly as Allaric, Ashered and Fallon made their way toward me. Xavier stood off distantly, watching. "Its lovely to meet you, Hope." Allaric said kissing the top of my hand. I smiled lightly pulling my hand to my side. "Thank you. You're a werewolf?" Allaric chuckled. "Yes, I've heard you're still not familiar with this world."
I shrugged slightly and Sian caught everyone's attention in passing. "Well she is a human." He said dryly taking a drink from a passing cater and walking away. I felt my cheeks heat at the comment. I glanced to Allaric as he went to speak but not before Sian's drink crashed to the floor and he hissed spinning around to meet Xavier's gaze. I looked between them and my eyes widened as Sian started to come for Xavier his hands burning blue with some unknown force.

I don't know what made me do it but I intercepted them putting a hand on Xavier's chest and Sian who on reflex shoved my hand away. He must not have realized his strength as I went crashing down and was caught by Ashered. By now the room was quiet. Sian's eyes found mine and he swallowed. "I'm sorry." He whispered but it was too late as Xavier threw a punch at him and blood spewed onto the marble ground.

People began to riot, trying to get to their leaders. Thankfully it didn't get too out of hand before Fallon spoke. Ashered wrapped his arms protectively around my waist, Allaric held both men apart and Fallon's voice boomed from the walls. "Stop it, we are not each others enemy. We are here together and stop this nonsense." He snapped, glaring at the fairy and vampire who were seething at each other, Allaric, between them lazily pushing them apart. Sian straightened his shirt looking at Xavier before spitting his blood onto the vampires crisp shoes.

He turned and walked away Xavier hissing at him. "Let him go." Allaric said. Arman appeared from the crowd and patted Xavier shoulder before following after Sian. I pulled away from Ashered and suddenly all eyes were on me. "Are you alright?" I wasn't sure who was asking me this. "You're shaking." A hand grasped onto me and suddenly I was moving over to a chair and water was placed before me.

I swallowed and took the water gulping it down. I placed my hand over my head and I distantly heard Ashered tell everyone that it was time to leave and soon it was only Ashered, Allaric, And Fallon. I sucked in a breath and looked around the half empty room, great I had ruined an entire party for the supernatural species.

"You didn't ruin anything. I know for sure my people understand and if anyone doesn't to hell with them." Allaric said sitting in the seat to the left of me. I looked at him wondering how he knew what I was thinking, it was almost like he read my mind.

Ashered was to my right, another water ready in his hand. "I'm sorry its just all a lot." I whispered. Allaric chuckled and I smiled in thanks as I took the water from Ashered's hands. "You did just witness something most humans don't." Fallon justified. "You've gone through a lot for an eighteen year old girl. I looked up at him and he smiled gently at me in understanding. "I just- I don't know how to feel about being destined for seven god damn people." I grumbled. Xavier appeared from the shadows once more nearly scaring the life out of me. "There is no pressure, as much I am sure any of us would be blessed to have such a wonderful person as our soulmate I am sure that the gods will decide what is best." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Gods?"

"Every species has a god or goddess except of course angels and humans, they share one."

I nodded rubbing at my temple.

"By the way, nice dress." Allaric said winking Fallon chuckled in agreeance, Ashered growled and Xavier let out a low hiss at the comment. Fallon only laughed again. "We are going to have to learn how to share." He said rolling his eyes as Xavier disappeared and Ashered stood up from where he sat and made his way to one of the big windows in the ballroom. It overlooked a beautiful garden that seemed to go for miles, it blossomed with flowers that could be seen from the lampposts lighting the walkway. Allaric leaned back in his chair and Ashered spoke from where he stood gazing.

"We are all staying here with you, Hope. The hotel you entered I have had your parents run for years from home. It is a common ground for all and we will be staying here until we defeat Simone and retrieve Gale." I nodded silently. "Does anyone have a plan?" I asked looking around the three of them. Ashered turned to me. "We have ideas but we are going over it in the morning. I chewed on my lip contemplating what I said next. "I want to be a part of the planning." Ashered's jaw tensed and I heard Allaric shift in his chair. "You are...human." Allaric said slowly. I looked to him and scowled. Fallon pushed himself off the wall he currently was leaning on and looked to everyone. "I think that is a good idea, the sole reason us leaders are here is for her." Ashered looked about ready to explode but somehow kept composed. "She doesn't need to hear the details of the plans."

I scoffed at him. "That's not your call." Ashered's eyes went dark. "Fine but you may not like what you hear." He said walking to the bar and grabbing a drink. Allaric looked at me disapproving and I had to hold my tongue as to not say a rude remark. "So who's dress did you pick?" Fallon asked changing the subject. I looked to Ashered who avoided eye contact and Allaric. "That wasn't mine. He said raising his hands almost defensively. Fallon agreed. "I offered the green dress not this one, although you do look stunning in it. I smiled softly. "I don't know. There were seven dresses, so a lot of choices." I chuckled before Fallon stood up straighter his expression changing.

"You had seven dresses to choose from." I nodded and watched as the three males facial expressions changed. Allaric began pacing and Ashered and Fallon's eyes locked. I pushed myself up from the chair as the three moved to the bar and began to whisper amongst each other. "What is going on?" I asked frantically, my skin pricking in fear. Ashered looked at me, running a hand through his hair. "When did you get the dress. I shrugged nonchalantly. "It was there when I got out of the shower. The three men's faces darkened. "Out of the shower?" Allaric whispered harshly. I took a step back at his tone. "Why?" I asked slowly.

I looked to Ashered's hands at the sound of the glass shattering beneath his grip. " We need to go on lockdown, spread the word. We need to find him.

The hairs on the back of my neck raised and I felt the sudden urge to rip the dress from my skin.
"Who gave me the dress?" I breathed out.

"I did."

I turned around slowly and thought I would pass out as I saw Simone standing there, Gale before him. He had his hand wrapped around her neck and a wicked smile on his lips as he looked over me and his dress that clung to every inch of my body.

"Well you look lovely, soulmate."

Growls in anger sounded and then all hell broke loose.