Two

CHAPTER TWO
THE BEGINNING: ANSWERS

Tsuna's consciousness drifted in the pool of black flames. Of course it didn't burn him. Instead, it was cold.. As cold as the night, as cold as the dark.

"..yoshi-kun.."

Hmm?

"..nayoshi-kun.."

Is that... Kawahira-san?

"Tsunayoshi-kun, wake up..."

He heard Kawahira's voice echoing in the background, so he decided to open his doe eyes. Tsuna's body was floating in mid-air, nothing surrounded him but the black. He tried lifting a finger but he can't. Luckily, he can still speak.

"Ah, Tsunayoshi-kun.. You're finally awake.." He found Kawahira also floating in front of him, although the man was moving about easily.

"Kawa..hira..san.. What happened?" He asked as he tried to remember. "Ah, the Night Flames..."

"Yes, Tsunayoshi-kun. Let me apologize first for the rude way of the abduction process. But I did asked you first-hand if you wanted a vacation and you agreed."

"It was rather rude.. Kawahira-san, why can't I move?"

"That's because your body is undergoing some minor transformation right now."

'Why am I a bit reluctant to trust that minor part?' Tsuna thought.

"Where are we? Where are you taking me?"

"Well, to answer those questions, we are now nowhere. You know that the black flames that Bermuda-kun uses can be some sort of portal, and you're now inside one. We are basically travelling right now, though the question now isn't just where we are going, but also when.."

That took some time before Tsuna processed it fully.

"HIEE! WE'RE TRAVELLING TO A DIFFERENT WORLD?!?!"

"Yes. Actually, Tsunayoshi-kun, today is my birthday! Surprise!"

Tsuna just blinked, unable to organize his thoughts for a few seconds. He seriously can't catch up to the twists and turns the topic was going.

"Er.. Happy birthday..?"

"Thanks! And since today's my birthday, I decided that this time, I will be giving someone a gift. And I randomly chose you. So consider this as my birthday present."

"Kawahira-san, I wish you a happy birthday and all, but please send me back! I can't be away for too long!"

"Oh, don't worry, Tsunayoshi-kun. You'll only be there in a year."

"A YEAR?!?!"

"Yep. And it will only pass as one hour back in your original world. So basically, you won't miss much. As I've told you, this is a vacation. For one year, can you please forget your paperwork and enjoy the moment?"

"Uhm.. thank you and all, Kawahira-san, but my Guardians and Reborn will be--"

"They'll be with you, of course."