Ten

CHAPTER TEN
TROUBLED

[Suoh Mansion II]

"Ah, Reborn-sama. Okaerinasaimasen." An old lady dressed in kimono greeted Reborn as he entered the mansion.

"Tadaima.." he greets back in respect. Then, he gracefully, like the professional hitman he is, walked up to his room.

"Reborn-sama seems down and too quiet these days. Shima-san, shall we inform Yuzuru-sama?" A maid asked the retainer of the household.

"Maybe he is just tired. Let us wait for a few days, if he's not back to his normal self, I will make a call to the Master." The 82-year old Maezono Shima-san replied.

Reborn sat on the edge of the bed and let his body lie down.

After minutes in silence, he fell asleep.

~*~

[Hitachiin Mansion]

Hayato and Ryohei in the Hitachiin Mansion were surprisingly civil, as civil as they could get.

They decided to at least not bicker too much at home and just stay quiet and away from each other, in consideration for the secrecy of their situation.

Surely, the members of the household will notice their sudden changes, so they agreed to avoid each other, and anyone else for that matter.

Hayato was in his room, reading a magazine about UMA's. Ryohei was doing push ups in his own room.

~*~

[Haninozuka Mansion]

Lambo was eating sweets as usual, relishing the sweet cake.

In the far side, a young boy was glaring daggers at him, but he let it be.

"Strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, mocha, black forest~~ Cake, cake, cake for me~~" he sang as he took slices of each flavor in his plate.

~*~

[Morinozuka Mansion]

"Take-nii! Teach me that move again!" Morinozuka Satoshi approached him with two wooden swords for kendo.

"Maa, maa. I will later. I'll just rest for a bit, okay? Satoshi.."

"Yeah, okay."

Takeshi mussed his younger brother's hair and went in his room.

He was definitely having fun with having a little brother in this world. Especially because Satoshi seems as interested as he is in Kendo, although he's also a member in the Karate Club.

But even so, Takeshi cannot hide the troubled and forced smile from his lips.

~*~

[Ootori Mansion]

"Kyo-kun? It's me. Come down for dinner." A woman stood patiently outside the prefect's door.

Apparently, she is Shidou Fuyui, the older sister of this world's Ootori Kyoya.

"Hmph. Just leave him be. We don't need more disappointments in this family." A man, one of their older brothers, passing by said in harsh cold voice.

"Don't say that! Kyo-kun is doing his best!"

"His best is not enough!"

Inside, Kyoya could hear the ramblings coming from outside his room but let them be.