Thirty-six

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
RAGE

[A/N: I dedicate this chapter to @SawadaNaomi677 for commenting on the previous chapters. I hope you enjoy the action, minna-sama!]

~*~

Tsuna groaned as he opened his eyes. His body felt scorching hot and heavy. His head throbbed.

He tried lifting his hand to his head, only to freeze when he felt the rope binding his wrists together.

"..wha.."

He was lying in a fetal position on the cold, hard ground. Aside from his wrists, another rope bound one of his ankles to a pillar in the center of the room. The room itself looked unfamiliar, all he could see were a few large boxes, crates.. There were also some broken chairs and tables on the sides.

His head throbbed again. The last he remembered was being caught in the rain.. He took shelter under a shed.. Until..

Flashes came to his memory.

A black car..

A hand..

Then, darkness..

"Oho, you awake, sleeping beauty?" an unfamiliar voice boomed through the room.

Tsuna lifted his head with difficulty, meeting black orbs filled with hate.

The man stood before him, tall and proud, sneering at him. His prominent features were the tatoos on his arms and the several piercings in his ears.

'A gangster? Maybe..' Tsuna thought. 

"Wh.. where am I? W-why are you.. doing this? What.. What do you.. want from me?" Tsuna had a bit of difficulty, with his throat parched dry and hoarse.

The man crouched down and traced a finger to tuck a few stray strands off the brunet's eyes.

"I don't really want anything from you." the man said with a tone like crooning a baby. "But I need you to lure someone. Don't worry. Once I have him, I'll let you go."

'Lies!' Tsuna's head screamed. 'He won't let a witness just go like that. He'd make sure I won't talk and go to the police..'

"You just need to wait. There's no point anyway. Even if you shout for help, no one will hear you. Even if you try to escape, you have nowhere to go. And my men are everywhere in the area. You won't stand a chance. So you just have to be a good boy. We won't have a problem if you're good."

Tsuna bit his lip and nodded. He coughed and whimpered. "Water.. Please.." he croaked.

The man left to fetch a glass from another room.

While he was out of sight, Tsuna assessed the rope on his wrists and ankles. They weren't that tight to bite into his skin, but enough to hold his wrists together. The one on his ankles weren't that properly tied either.

Tch. Amateurs.

He could untangle them.. but it will take some time, especially since his fingers felt like jelly.

'Such a bad timing for a fever..' Tsuna groaned in his head.

~*~

Xanxus grit his teeth as he stood in the middle of the school parking lot in front of his battered car. The tires were busted flat by some sharp object, few windows were shattered broken, and the side mirrors gone missing.