Forty

CHAPTER FORTY
SHELTER

[A/N: I dedicate this chapter to @olala9911, @jamiluvv, @Hopemaybeallyouneed, @vongola_gaurdian8032, @Eisus_20, @SunshineJoyDelicana, @baconbyuns, @Nuri270397, and @sexysleepyslitherin for commenting on the previous chapters. Enjoy!]

~*~

The Guardians sighed in mixed feelings of guilt, frustration and regret.

"We scared him off, didn't we?" Lambo muttered lowly.

"Yep. We screwed up big time.." Takeshi agreed.

"I guess I would also be shocked scared if I was told something like that."

"We should've taken things slowly.."

"Anyway, let's forget about that. We should go after Jyuudaime!"

"No. He'll need some time alone. Order your men to search and keep an eye on him in the meantime, secure his safety, but do not engage if it's not an emergency." Reborn ordered as he took out his phone and start dialling.

~*~

Tsuna walked in a daze. His feet were cold and screamed in pain, walking barefooted on the cold hard streets. But he couldn't feel it at all. He was all too numb at what his Guardians just said. Their words echoed in his head.

"If.. If out of the seven of us.. Who would you consider your lover?"

'Lover..?'

"Who among us would you want to be your boyfriend?"

Boyfriend..?

"Choose, Tsuna."

I don't want to choose..

"It's not a joke, Tsuna-chan.. We are serious.."

You shouldn't have been serious.. I'm a guy..

"You're not, in this world, at least. You're a woman, Fujioka Tsunayoshi. Have you forgotten?"

But still.. Why me..?

"Saa, Fujioka Tsunayoshi. Who among us will you choose?~"

Please..

I..

I don't..

I can't..

"Hey, trash!"

The Sky's feet finally stopped. But he didn't move to face the familiar voice.

A hand grabbed his shoulder, yanking him back. "You trash, I'm talking to you--"

Crimson red eyes widened a little when he saw the Decimo's cheeks stained with tears.

"What.. What happened?"

It seemed that that question broke the dam in Tsuna, and all his emotions burst forth.

Tsuna cried.

Xanxus, being the very awkward person that he is, almost panicked. He doesn't know what to do with the crying Decimo in front of him. He'd seen his cheerful smiles, his saddest looks, his raging fury, but his tears were always the seldom expression Tsuna had.

Xanxus acknowledges Tsuna's emotional strength. Although he can be easily seen panicking at almost all times, truthfully, he has the strongest emotional strength in their generation. Only several things sets him off, and those mostly involve the famiglia and its safety.