Forty-two

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
WHITE

[A/N: I dedicate this chapter to @Nuri270397, @meeramajid, @99deathbybooks, @RandomGurl_6449, and @Brillayami for commenting in the previous chapters. Enjoy!]

~*~

Lambo heaved a sigh as he laid on one of the couches. It was late in the afternoon and the hosts had just finished cleaning up the Music Room III after another day of their 'work', and are now taking a small break before they depart.

"Aaahhhh~ Tsuna-chan had to go home early and set off, huh.. And here, I wanted to take him home, too.." Lambo whined to no one in particular. But the rest looked dejected too.

"A-ano.. Minna.. Do.. Do you have plans for tomorrow already..?"

"Tomorrow?" Takeshi asked.

"Mm.. For Bossu.. Tomorrow is White Day, after all.."

They looked at her blankly for three seconds, as if confused, and each looked away.

"E-eeehhhh..?! D-don't tell me.. You didn't remember..?!"

The fiercest Tenth Generation Guardians flinched. Yes. Flinched.

"Geh!"

"E-etto.."

"H-hnn.."

"S-saa~"

"M-maybe~"

"Ah.. He-he-he~"

"K-kufufu~"

"..."

~*~

It was a fine Thursday morning. Tsuna was even humming as he walked to school. Nothing can dampen his good mood this morning.

..or so he thought..

Not until he saw Chrome's menacing aura as she waited by the gates. As soon as she spotted the Decimo, she approached him, still with that scary look.

"O H A Y O , B O S S U.." She greeted in a somewhat demonic tone of voice that the Decimo never thought he would hear from her, making Tsuna flinch.

"H-h-hai! Ch-Chrome-chan, is something b-bothering you..?"

"N O T H I N G ' S B O T H E R I N G
M E , B O S S U.."

"..If you say so.. Hai.. A-ano.. Will you be able to go to class like that..?" Tsuna nervously asked.

Chrome paused for a moment, considering what he said. Nope. She couldn't go to class like this. It would just be pointless, as she would be too irritated and she could even get into trouble because of it.

A bright idea pops into her head, and, tugging the Decimo's hand, she dragged him.

~*~

This is about the first time that Tsuna misses class because of Chrome. He could already smell trouble. Definitely. Trouble.

Maa, not like he didn't miss classes before. The most memorable one was when he was too keen on removing the Arcobaleno Curse way back when he was still about 15 years old.

That was, what he thinks, the first time he purposely himself missed classes eversince he underwent Reborn's tutoring. But he wouldn't recommend skipping class. Heck, he shuddered at how horrifying Reborn tortured him after that day.