Twenty-two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
FEST

[I dedicate this chapter to @InfaroyyaAlKarimah, @Xerneasgirl01, @YotsubaAnna, @inspirperson and @AnubisNyx for commenting in the previous chapters. Enjoy!]

~*~

Friday came. It was the day that the Varia had appointed for Tsuna to come to the Kasanoda Mansion. Well, it was actually Friday and Saturday nights, and all he had to do was cook for the Varia Boss, Xanxus.

"You're worried about Xanxus." Reborn stated as a matter of fact. The two of them were alone at the rooftop during breaks.

"Mm. A bit, actually.." Tsuna truthfully answered as he leaned on the railings.

"Dame-Tsuna sure is weird, to worry about your former enemies like this.." Reborn mused, reminiscing the old days.

Tsuna remembered it too. Mukuro, Xanxus, Byakuran, Enma, Jaeger and Bermuda. They all crossed fists before. He fought each with a resolve to protect, and in each fight, he not only earned victory but also friends and allies.

"I guess I really am weird, aren't I, Reborn? I just can't leave them all alone. They've been my enemies, but they also became my friends and allies. They became my family.."

Reborn tugged his fedora down, shadows hiding the smile on his face.

"Tch. Dame-Tsuna, I think you'd do great as an actor. You're so dramatic.." Reborn smirked.

"Hidoi! Reborn is so mean!"

"Pfft.."

~*~

At the hallways of the second-years' building, Reborn strode in silence. He was about to head back to his classroom for his next subject is about to start.

But then, he sensed a familiar, yet different presence, but one that he'll never mistaken.

He automatically dodged to the right as a fist was about to made contact with him from behind. He gripped the arm, turned and twisted it. But being nimble and flexible, the arm wiggled out of his grasp and the figure distanced itself away from the hitman.

"Ah, what a surprise.." Reborn murmured to himself. He was a bit startled, yes, but since the Varia Guardians had appeared, he knew this could become a possibility.

"It's been a while Reborn, kora!"

~*~

Hayato sighed as he stared off the window while waiting for the next subject. Nothing much happened that day, except for that Baseball-freak and Stupid Cow visiting their class at breaks, and Chrome joining them for lunch.

Suddenly, the door opened and in came their adviser, which confused him a little since she wasn't supposed to be their next subject teacher.

"Alright, settle down for a moment." The teacher started. The students of Nami High in this world were bone-deep 'elites' with high-class manners and such, that they instantly obeyed, straightened their sitting positions, silenced and ready to listen.

"I am here to announce the upcoming School Festival, which will be held in three weeks' time." The teacher up front stated. Low murmurs echoed through the room.

"Yes, yes, simmer down. This event is open to all students, and we hope that everyone will come and participate.

"We will have lots of events for everyone. And your class can also run a booth or event of your liking. You can use this next subject time to discuss it. I will leave the task to your Class Representative to preside over your meeting. And once you've decided, you can submit your chosen booth to the Festival Committee.