Chapter 17

A few weeks later

Colby's POV

Sams been gone all day and I was getting really nervous. He's never gone this long and after everything that had happened I was worrying that I wasn't going to see him again. I had been texting him and he wasn't responding so I also jumped a foot in the air when my phone went off.

I relaxed and smiled when I saw the text and I told him I loved him more

I relaxed and smiled when I saw the text and I told him I loved him more. Now I was curious to what he was doing as I sat there scrolling through Instagram waiting for him to come home so I could find out the surprise. If you hadn't learned before I become very impatient when I want something or know something was happening that I had to wait for. All thoughts left my head though when I saw the picture on Instagram.

Sholbyedits57: @colbybrock  @sheaelyse are so perfect together

Sholbyedits57: @colbybrock  @sheaelyse are so perfect together. I swear they're secretly dating. #sholby

Sheaelyse: Awww your so sweet. You did such a good job editing 👏🏻😘 @colbybrock do you remember that night 😏

I was staring at the post with wide eyes and my jaw hanging open. What the hell wad this and why was she encouraging this? God what would sam think if he saw this? I turned my phone off and put it face down on the couch as I buried my face in my knees trying not to cry. This couldn't be happening, this had to be fake or a prank or something. Tears filled my eyes at the thought of what Sam would think when the front door open but I barely realized it.

"Colby I'm ho- hey what happened?" He walked over to me and sat next to me and wrapped his arm around me. I couldn't help it, I just started crying as I curled into his arms handing him my phone. He looked at the post then hugged me tightly.

"It's okay. We're gonna fix this I promise." I nodded and sighed as tears ran down my face as I stayed curled in his arms. We stayed there for a few minutes before I felt him nuzzle the side of my head.

"let's go on an adventure" he whispered softly as he pulled away from me and stood up, wiping some of the tears from my face. I looked up at him and tilted my head to the side as he held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me off of the couch and into his arms again, and I couldn't help but smile and wrap my hands around his neck. When I did so he picked me up and held me tightly causing me to squeal. He gently kissed the side of my head and whispered.

"Now it's time to take the two of you on that adventure I was talking about" I blushed at his words as I placed one of my hands on my stomach and nodded. He carried me out of the house and sat me in the car before kissing me sweetly. I kissed him back and looked at him with soft eyes before he closed the door and jumped into the driver seat. He gently placed his hand on my stomach as he started the car and I put my hand over his.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see. I hope this little angel is a little more patient then you are" he teased as I shook my head and laughed.

The drive was maybe an hour and we parked by a forest. I looked at him in confusion and he simply smirked before helping me out of the car. I was about to ask him why we were here but he cut me off with a soft kiss.

"You will see when we get there"
He said with a smile before we started to walk us through the forest. The walk was maybe five minutes later we stepped into a clearing and my jaw dropped. There was a river and waterfall and a small pond to the side, the sun shining on the water making it sparkle. On the other side of the river around the pond, were lots of small animals and flowers followed by a beautiful meadow.

"Oh....my god" I breathed as I looked around. "How did you find this? This is beautiful"

"I had stumbled upon it a few days ago and saw how beautiful it was. It reminded me of you so I had to bring you hear." I blushed hard and looked away from him but he made me look back at him as he smiled. "Come on now you know you can't hide that from me princess." I giggled and looked at the ground as he grabbed my hips and gently picked me up and holding me on his hip as he carried me over to a blanket at the edge of the riverbank.

"You want be jealous when there's another little one around will you princess?" Sam asked me softly as he sat down with me in his lap and gently placed a hand on my now visible stomach. I shook my head no as I smiled with big eyes and curled into his chest.

"Your princess might not be around that much when this one comes along" I said softly as I looked at my stomach and smiled, gently rubbing circles on it. Sam looked at me with soft eyes.

"Well I don't know about that, because I know how fun it would be for you to play with the little one princess." I laughed softly and looked up at him.

"Yea but if it's a boy I can't be a cute princess. I have to be normal me." That made Sam smirk and he reached over to a small folder that was on the blanket and he handed it to me.

"Well then you might want to look at this" I took the folder from him curiously and opened it before gasping. It was the ultrasound that I had done a few days ago. I had told him I didn't want to know right then and there but the doctor had given Sam a picture since he had asked for one. I carefully looked at the ultrasound and smiled when I saw the color on the very bottom of the paper.

"Oh my god we're having......"