Chapter 38

Colby's POV

The next morning I was getting ready for the adventure Sam was taking me on but something felt off. I don't know why but something about this was making me really nervous. I started to run my fingers through my hair once I was dressed and I looked in the mirror, smiling softly when in saw the hickeys along my neck from last night. I slowly ran my hand along my neck and smiled, relaxing a little with a sigh.

"Babe, you ready to go?" He called, shaking me from my thoughts and I realized I was biting my lip.

"Yea I'm coming." Fuck...I'll have to deal with this later. I ran downstairs shaking my head as I smiled and Sam was waiting for me downstairs with a smile on his face.

"Let's go babe" He said holding his hand out to me. I took it and smiled as we walked out to the  car and he started driving. I was wondering where he was taking me as I was tapping my rings against the side of the window to the beat of the song out of nerves. Sam laughed softly and looked over at me. "Are you nervous colbs?" I smiled and looked over at him.

"Something just feels off. I'm sure it's nothing." He nodded and laced his fingers with mine, tracing circles on the back of my hand. I relaxed a little and in about half an hour we were parked outside of a forest. Sam turned the car off and kissed my hand softly before climbing out of the car. I blushed and smiled before climbing out of the car with him and he took my hand again, leading me toward a trial path. I rested my head on his shoulder as we started to walk down the trail. It was beautiful here, it was quiet and peaceful, it was true nature. But as we went farther, the weirder the silence felt, it was almost too quiet. "Sam....I don't think we're safe here...."

"I'm sure it's fine Colby. I've been down here all the time. Very few people even know about this trail." I looked around nervously and I saw something dart past Sam in the trees.

"I feel like we're being followed. Maybe we should go back-" just in that moment some guy reached out and grabbed Sam and started to pull him through the trees. I gasped and tried to grab onto Sam but the guy kicked me out of the way and back on the trail before dragging Sam through the woods.

"Colby!" He screamed and I hopped up and ran after him.

Sams POV

Once we were decently far enough in the woods Brennen let go of me and took off the mask.

"We better hurry" brennen said as we started running through the woods. I nodded and continued to occasionally scream out so Colby could follow us. We ran until we got to the abandoned mansion which was covered in ivy and flower plants. It was honestly so beautiful and it was perfect. Once we got there brennen went back in the woods with his phone, which had recordings of me screaming different things and went to lead Colby around a bit so I could finish setting everything up and I ran inside. Most of it was set up already since I had been coming here at night for the last month to get all of it set up and honestly I couldn't wait to surprise Colby with this. All that was left to do was the intro to my video.

"What's up you guys. So I'm talking kinda quiet right now because I have to do the intro at the location. I'm surprising Colby today. But he doesn't know. So this is actually after some of the beginning of the video. But I promise. All of us are okay and it's just to help with the surprise. Alright let's get started"  at that moment brennen came crashing through the woods laughing and ran into the building.

Colby's POV

I watched that asshole crash into a clearing as he laughed and I was running hard behind him. He couldn't hurt my baby. I wouldn't let him. As I crashed through the trees I saw this beautiful building in front of me. And in the window was Sam against the wall with fear in his eyes.

"Sam!" I called and he glanced over at me before he was yanked out of sight with a scream. I ran inside of the building and it was pitch black inside which made me freeze. "Sam?! Sam where are you?!" I called as I carefully started walking around. I had a go pro on my chest that I hadn't turned off. He had wanted me to wear it for YouTube and I had forgotten it was there. As I was walked through the building suddenly it was flooded with light and I had to cover my eyes for a second. When I opened my eyes again my breath caught as I looked around. There were beautiful blue lights on the wall that were lighting up pictures of Sam and I from dates and old videos and what not. As I started to walk down the hall there were pieces of paper with quotes on them that he had told me to make me feel better and to remind me he loved me. I was confused and my heart was swelling at the same time. At the end of the hall was a staircase that had red lights along the wall and a bunch of pictures of angel and I that I never knew were taken. I looked at them in awe as I slowly walked up the stairs and when I reached the top Sam was standing there by the window with a smile and there were Daisy's and sunflowers all over the place, and the sun was raising over the skyline that you could see out the window.

"Hey beautiful"

"What is all of this?" I asked as he walked over to me and caressed my cheek. I had completely forgotten what had brought me here until now. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine Colby I promise. Come here."
He took my hand and led me over to the window and grabbed both of my hands as he looked into my eyes. My heart started racing and I looked at him. What was happening. Wasn't he just abducted? "So. I know we've been through a lot together. Good and bad. And I know shit has kinda been bad since Jack happened...but he also ended up helping me out....in a really twisted way. He helped show me how much I need you, how much I love you. And how many people don't know that. And I want to change that's. Which is why I wanted to ask....." he let go of my one of my hands and got on one knee as he pulled a box out of his pocket. I watched him with wide eyes and I covered my mouth.

"Will you marry me?"