JuminxReader ~ Lunch Date

Requested by: hanisK98

Jumin's POV:

I sit at my desk reading the last few words on the final paper before my lunch break. Yesterday, Y/n and I decided on having a lunch date today, so I knew then, today was going to be a long day at work.

I smile as I sign off on the paper, signifying I reviewed it. I place the paper in the pile I made for the finished papers. After gathering a couple things like my phone and wallet, I walk out of my office and down to the main lobby.

On my way down, I get a text from Y/n saying she is at the C&R building in Driver Kim's car. I smile at the text, knowing I will get to see my amazing girlfriend soon. 

I finally arrive at Driver Kim's car and get in the back seat, closing the door behind me.

"Hi Jumin," Y/n smiles at me, as Driver Kim starts to drive to the restaurant Y/n and I decided on having lunch at.

"Hi Y/n," I reply, kissing her right cheek.

"How was work so far?" She asks.

"Good. It's just been a long day," I answer.

Y/n nods and looks out the window on her side of the car.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" I ask.

Y/n doesn't answer though. Not a yes or no. Not a head nod. Nothing. Odd.

~~

We finally arrive at the restaurant. The entire rest of the car ride was in silence. Driver Kim didn't say a word and after our small conversation, Y/n didn't speak either. I let it go, figuring something must have happened.

Y/n and I walk into the restaurant, and we get our table. Since Y/n and I usually have our dates here and we both knew exactly what we wanted, we order.

As the waiter leaves our table, I look over to Y/n. I watch her as she sits there in silence.

"How was your day, Y/n?" I ask after waiting a couple of minutes.

Like she did in the car ride here, she doesn't answer. I let out a sigh. Something must have happened.

"Y/n. Please talk to me," I say, hoping to get a couple words out of her.

"It's nothing," Y/n whispers loud enough to the point only I can hear her.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "It doesn't look like nothing."

Y/n nods her head and looks down to the table.

"Y/n-" I want to ask Y/n why she is acting like this, but our food and drinks comes out.

The waiter gives both of us our orders and leaves.

The rest of our lunch is in silence.

~~

We're almost back to the C&R building when I decide to attempt to talk to Y/n again. We are in the same seats as we were going to the restaurant, and Y/n is still looking out the window.

"Y/n, did I say something? Are you mad at me?" I ask, truly confused.

Y/n still doesn't answer or even flinch. Instead, she just stares out the window, as if something were to happen.

I sigh as we sit in another round of silence. I am about to turn to look out the window on my side, when I see a flash of blue out of Y/n's window. Suddenly, I see a blue car swerve right into the car. Right into Y/n.

It feels as if the world has slowed down just enough for me to see the driver of the blue car. A man, mid thirties, obviously drunk out of his mind.

I panic as the world goes back to its regular speed, and I go to help Y/n. I wrap my arms around Y/n, screaming her name, as I attempt to pull her away from the car. Her eyes are dark and lifeless, as if she were accepting this as her fate. I find myself not being able to breath, as I notice the car that crashed into Driver Kim's is on top of Y/n's leg. 

"Y/n! Talk to me!" I yell to my girlfriend.

Instead of getting a reply from Y/n, I hear someone else screaming my name. Assistant Kang? No. The voice is too deep. My father? No. The voice is too panicked.

I keep my arms wrapped tightly around Y/n, as I turn around to see who the voice belongs to. The car door is open, and a male paramedic stands there, holding out his hand.

I start to look back to my girlfriend, but the paramedic pulls me out of the car. Once I am out of the car, he goes inside and gets Y/n out himself. I watch, as a female paramedic then brings a stretcher over and the paramedic that got Y/n out of the car places her on it.

The two paramedics push Y/n into the ambulance, that I just notice is there, and shut the doors behind them. I watch as the ambulance drives off. I feel useless and horrible that I couldn't help my girlfriend. I should have noticed something was off the second Y/n stopped answering me.

~~

I sit in what is suppose to be Y/n's hospital room. I wait a couple minutes before I see Y/n laying on a hospital bed, as two hospital workers, different from the ones who helped her, push the bed between what looks like hundreds of machines. They connect Y/n to each of the machines, but they don't look hopeful. The two nod to me before leaving.

I walk over to Y/n's bedside and sit down on the bed. She's unconscious, but I still hold her hand as tight as I can. I sit with her for a few minutes before I see her eyes slowly flutter open.

As Y/n opens her eyes, she stares at me. Her eyes still look the same as when I last saw them. Dark and lifeless. Suddenly, a wave of life shoots through her eyes. Y/n smiles at me. It's a weak smile, but still a smile.

"I knew it was going to happen. It's not your fault," Y/n says and pauses a moment, taking in a breath as if it were her last one. "I love you, Jumin. Move on. For me. Please, move on to someone else."

I want to scream out to her. I want to tell her to stay with me. I want to apologize for not doing anything. Something inside me stops me though.

Y/n slowly closes her eyes, as a loud, continuous, haunting beep plays from the heart rate monitor beside the bed.

~~~~

"Jumin," I hear someone say. It's a familiar voice that is almost like Y/n's, but she's dead. It's not her.

"Jumin," the voice repeats.

I suddenly feel someone shaking me. Their hands are on my shoulders, moving me from left to right, up and down, and left to right again. I also feel a weight on my stomach, pushing me down.

"Jumin!" the voice screams.

My eyes quickly open. There, I see my precious girlfriend sitting on my stomach with her hands on my shoulders. Y/n sits on me with her hair a mess and pajamas on.

"Y/n! Your alive!" I smile in relief.

I throw my arms around Y/n, embracing her as tight as I can. Y/n wraps her arms around me in return.

It was only a nightmare. Just a nightmare.

"I've been calling your name for five minutes now. You're late for work," Y/n says, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm not going to work today. I'm taking today off and spending it with you," I reply. "I'll call my father in a few minutes."

"Okay. Our lunch date is in a few hours, by the way," Y/n smiles, pulling away from my embrace.

"Can we reschedule? Another day maybe? I don't feel like going today. Sorry," I say, not wishing to actually live my nightmare.

"Okay. I love you, Jumin," Y/n says, getting out of bed to start her day.

"I love you too, Y/n."

~~~~~~~~
A/n: I hope you enjoyed!
Requests are closed.